JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, noob here.

I wanted to shoot "stock" class (I believe it is production class) on my first outing, but I actually got my Glock 34 stippled and trigger guard undercut, i'm guessing this modification puts me in another class now? If so what class would that make me in? And also what could I modify further within that class? (might as well go all out if i'm already in a different shooting class)

I appreciate the help and response, I've tried reading the rules but they are somewhat confusing. I may just have to pick up another gun for production class.

Also when is the next event? I'm from Portland and would like to just watch a few events before I actually participate in one as long as it's not too far of a distance! lol

Thanks again.

I don't shoot much USPSA, but I did stay at a holiday inn with a grand-master once.

This might help: http://www.bhpsc.us/wordpress/?page_id=654

Production division is limited to 10 rounds per mag, as I understand it you can simply down-load mags to 10 rds. The glock 34 actually fits into Limited pretty easily.

Looking into the rules a little closer, I think the only thing keeping you out of production div. is your grip mods, as you stated. In limited you could add a magwell, and maybe extended mag release to make that thing a real go-fast blaster.

I'm pretty sure that leaves you with the Limited, Limited 10 or Open divisions. Most of the divisional requirements are in the USPSA rule book in Appendixes D1, D2 and D3 for those 3 divisions. Not sure what you have in mind for "other modifications" but generally if you don't use magazines longer than 5.561" (141.25mm), a ported barrel, optics, a compensator or a flashlight on the gun you should be able to stay in Limited or Limited10.

In theory you could get back to the Production division by replacing the frame (a bit expensive for a fix) and assuming the stippling meets the requirements of Appendix E4.

Hope that helps!

Not sure what you mean by undercutting the trigger guard on your glock, but stippling won't knock you out of production. You can always shoot limited or limited 10. Doesn't really matter, the point is safely having fun and advancing your skills.

Here's the local web site to get you started: http://www.columbia-cascade.org/index.php/get-started-in-uspsa/. Both Douglas Ridge and Albany have orientation classes. You'll learn the safety protocols and rules as well as the basics. Don't need to spend a lot on gear to get started. A decent A rigid holster and and some mag holders is all you need. Matches are usually 135 to 150 rounds, unless you miss! :D

The sport is growing rapidly. There was record attendance at both Albany 2 weeks ago and Dundee yesterday. Come out and have fun with the rest of us.

I believe any external mod puts you out of production. Grip tape, mag release extensions, and trigger jobs are allowed. Not sure what a trigger guard undercut is, but I'm guessing that will put you out of production.

You just missed the monthly match at Chehelam Valley in Dundee, March 26th is the next one.

Unless you're bumping people out of B class and above, I don't think that anyone is going to care about that kind of mod.

Just come on out and join our addiction!:D:D:D

After looking at the pix, I agree. I'm only six months ahead of you and my experience is no one has scrutinized my gear to notice something like that. They are more concerned that you shoot safe and are a good sport (not an axxhat). Find someone to do the orientation safety check. PM me if you'd like to try Dundee and I'll get the contact from my orientation.

Warning: Pirate is correct, it is addictive.

I appreciate all the replies and information. The DRRC even this weekend? Is it open to the public to spectate? I would rather watch and learn as much as I can before I jump into it. I still haven't gotten the necessary gear to actually compete, don't have any magazine carriers yet. Thanks.

Have you tired Speed Steel. It's stationary. It gets you used to range commands. There is no gear needed, just your pistol, five or so mags, ammo, eyes and ears. You're timed which gets you used to firing under stress. Try it out a coupe times before you invest in a bunch of gear. Run N Gun and 180 degrees of firing is a whole nother level (USPSA/IPSC and IDPA).

Don't get me wrong USPAS is awesome, it just takes a little more gear to get stated and you have to be a lot more aware of your surroundings. I've been shooting it for years. The only time anyone is going to check your gear or ammo is at a major match, not the local monthly matches more important, have fun

Do try speed steel, as said no movement on 90% of the stages.

Less to think about during the stage, and instance feed back off the steel.

Hey didn't stay at that motel....
But did RO Leatham and the Super Squad, that's gotta count !
LMAO!!!

I'd just shoot the 34 in limited division. Load up your mags to 17 rounds and start the stage(s) with 18 rounds. (Better yet, borrow someone's magazine with an extended basepad and start with 22 or 23 +1 rounds.) The simpler you can make it, at least for the first few matches, the better, IMO.

Have you tired Speed Steel. It's stationary. It gets you used to range commands. There is no gear needed, just your pistol, five or so mags, ammo, eyes and ears. You're timed which gets you used to firing under stress. Try it out a coupe times before you invest in a bunch of gear. Run N Gun and 180 degrees of firing is a whole nother level (USPSA/IPSC and IDPA).

Don't get me wrong USPAS is awesome, it just takes a little more gear to get stated and you have to be a lot more aware of your surroundings. I've been shooting it for years. The only time anyone is going to check your gear or ammo is at a major match, not the local monthly matches more important, have fun

I have not tried any competition shooting. I would like to try speed steel as well, im just ignorant of events and ranges that hold them.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top