JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Every shop here does that I think, and I have never had a problem with it. Supposedly this is a violation of the agreement they sign with Visa and MC doing this. Since they all seem to do it and still take plastic I have to assume the Visa and MC guys are not willing to tell them no. Same reason the banks will not tell them no. They have stock holders to answer to. I figured if they have to pay to accept plastic why not pass it on. Notice more gas stations are doing this here now too. Many are too young to remember ALL grocery stores did NOT take plastic not that long ago. Reason was the same. The profit margin was not high enough to pay the card fee. One big chain started doing it so of course they all had to then. So what happened was everyone paid for the people who use plastic. Last gun I bought on Gun Broker it was 3% so I have to guess the dealer was not paying 6 or 8% and eating the rest.
This is a dirty secret about modern society. The banks get 2% or more of every transaction made with plastic. How would you like to take 2% of the majority of transactions made in the country off the top? I carry and use cash but the price of everything is padded to cover the 2% charges that go to a bank. It is just the cost of doing busisness like any other overhead.

Try getting a Credit Card machine when you're running a legal Gun "Related" business. Does 8% sound fair???

PM me my friend and I will give you the name of the guy that does my credit cards. He is a gun toting 2A supporter just like you and me and a good guy.

This is a dirty secret about modern society. The banks get 2% or more of every transaction made with plastic. How would you like to take 2% of the majority of transactions made in the country off the top? I carry and use cash but the price of everything is padded to cover the 2% charges that go to a bank. It is just the cost of doing busisness like any other overhead.

This is why I use a couple of my CC's like a check now. My check book lives in the safe now. Can't remember last time I wrote one. Since they are letting me use the CC for the same price I do. Only time I still pay cash is gun shops since they offer the discount. Plus I make points on the card for using it. Now if the grocery store started offering 2% off to use cash and the card is giving me 1% back? I would most likely still use the card for ease of use. Often the one offers 5% for different stuff and I of course use it to the max. If the store started offering 3% or 5%? I would most likely go back to caring a roll of cash again. :)

PM me my friend and I will give you the name of the guy that does my credit cards. He is a gun toting 2A supporter just like you and me and a good guy.

Why not mention him here to give him a shout out? I always like to spend money with someone like that. I may not need anything he is selling but I would sure as hell recommend him to anyone else who did need his service.

Non government entity.

Can do as they wish. We the customers and people also have that choice and can not use said institutions.
If the banks are FDIC insured they come with many federal strings that should / Could be regulated positively towards the gun industries and owners.
Federal government pinches the Pot industries by denying use of FDIC banking systems because they consider it a controlled drug, and routinely deny private citizens choices of who they can do business with.
No honor or respect is deserved if they do not uphold the constitution and laws when they swing the other way.

Why not mention him here to give him a shout out? I always like to spend money with someone like that. I may not need anything he is selling but I would sure as hell recommend him to anyone else who did need his service.

Honestly its because I don't know the name of his company as he is a friend and I have his number in my cell. I would never give out that info with out his approval due to respect. ;) If I had the name of his company I would tell everyone that. :)

This will go nowhere. Banks are for one thing, making money. Let a few of them say they will not handle guns. Some others will be falling all over themselves to take the business. There is way too much money here.
Kinda like all the LGS that are so glad that Walmart and Dicks are not going to sell certain guns anymore .HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

Every shop here does that I think, and I have never had a problem with it. Supposedly this is a violation of the agreement they sign with Visa and MC doing this. Since they all seem to do it and still take plastic I have to assume the Visa and MC guys are not willing to tell them no. Same reason the banks will not tell them no. They have stock holders to answer to. I figured if they have to pay to accept plastic why not pass it on. Notice more gas stations are doing this here now too. Many are too young to remember ALL grocery stores did NOT take plastic not that long ago. Reason was the same. The profit margin was not high enough to pay the card fee. One big chain started doing it so of course they all had to then. So what happened was everyone paid for the people who use plastic. Last gun I bought on Gun Broker it was 3% so I have to guess the dealer was not paying 6 or 8% and eating the rest.

Back when I sold guns was when I applied for the credit card account I currently use. I did sign an agreement with the credit card company to honor the card the same way as cash, but I told them that I could not carry the cost of processing on my gun sales. The credit card people said I should do as I wish, but it may be that if someone pitched enough of a hassle with my company I could lose my credit card charge privileges, but it never did happen. The town I reside accepts credit cards, but they also make the payer cough up extra to cover the processing fee & I remember as a kid when I used to pump gas, we always charged extra for a credit card & nobody ever complained

tell my nra first bankcard they are not going to lose money. I'll bet CEO stays, its the politically correct thing to do.
And I'm all too familiar with policies that make business just "eat it" cost of doing business" and then you are called
ripoffs...

Sure, let me know when no bank wants the money. Gun owners themselves are voting every election to have their guns taken away and people think the banks are going to do it? That's a good one.
OK, banks don't want my money, I just cancelled my nra credit card with them, and I'm not alone!
I also stated this is 1 tactic, I'm not only concerned with banks. That's a is a good one!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top