JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Non government entity.

Can do as they wish. We the customers and people also have that choice and can not use said institutions.

This will go nowhere. Banks are for one thing, making money. Let a few of them say they will not handle guns. Some others will be falling all over themselves to take the business. There is way too much money here.

This will go nowhere. Banks are for one thing, making money. Let a few of them say they will not handle guns. Some others will be falling all over themselves to take the business. There is way too much money here.
Maybe not much now, but this tactic is used all over the world. Ever heard of BDS movement?
We'll talk more in 5 years.

This is only 1 tactic. and many of the owners (around here) that vote for people that hate our right are
the same are voting that way to preserve their gov't pensions, benefits, ...
Banks definitely want money, one way to get it is publicity on the national stage that they
think is favorable. Like I said, one tactic, wait 5 years.

Is that what all the gun shops here pay? Every one of them seems to take plastic.
Every Bank I've talked to has quoted 8% as the bottom. Let's after telling what I sell. I have known folks to use the Square D(I think that's it) on their phone but have lied to the people who support the software. I have trouble lying to anyone.

sounds like discrimination to me, targeting gun shops was an Obama thing.
no banking, no business opportunity.

Interesting. While I agree that arbitrarily denying banking to a legal industry based on politics
is a poor way to do business---it doesn't seem to have put a dent in the Marijuana industry.
Marijuana sales outlets in states where it has been legalized operate on a strictly cash basis.
Because their product is not legal at the Federal level, banks will not deal with them.

Because their product is not legal at the Federal level, banks will not deal with them.
It It Not so much that they won't but that they Can't because of Federal Laws. Besides, most all the weed business is CASH which makes them a prime target for the Bad Guys. What Banker Type(or Politician or???) wants "Funny Brownies" or "Wacky Tabacky" showing up on their bank statement???

I never understood why businesses used banks in the first place.

Seems my credit union can do everything a bank can, then some.

This is only 1 tactic. and many of the owners (around here) that vote for people that hate our right are
the same are voting that way to preserve their gov't pensions, benefits, ...
Banks definitely want money, one way to get it is publicity on the national stage that they
think is favorable. Like I said, one tactic, wait 5 years.

Guys banks are not owned by some guy in an office. They are publicly traded corporations. This is becoming tinfoil hat now. People screaming the sky is falling. Gun owners are voting to take their own guns away at every election. Banks are owned by people who want them to make money. Let some tell the stock holders to pound sand and watch how fast the CEO is looking for a new job.

It It Not so much that they won't but that they Can't because of Federal Laws. Besides, most all the weed business is CASH which makes them a prime target for the Bad Guys. What Banker Type(or Politician or???) wants "Funny Brownies" or "Wacky Tabacky" showing up on their bank statement???

Banks would be fighting each other for the pot shops business if they could do it. Only reason they will not is they are afraid of Feds coming at them. Another Dem president should end that problem and the banks will LOVE to have the pot shops money.

What's the difference? Every gun store in my state charges whatever upcharge the credit card company charges right back to the buyer anyhow.

Every shop here does that I think, and I have never had a problem with it. Supposedly this is a violation of the agreement they sign with Visa and MC doing this. Since they all seem to do it and still take plastic I have to assume the Visa and MC guys are not willing to tell them no. Same reason the banks will not tell them no. They have stock holders to answer to. I figured if they have to pay to accept plastic why not pass it on. Notice more gas stations are doing this here now too. Many are too young to remember ALL grocery stores did NOT take plastic not that long ago. Reason was the same. The profit margin was not high enough to pay the card fee. One big chain started doing it so of course they all had to then. So what happened was everyone paid for the people who use plastic. Last gun I bought on Gun Broker it was 3% so I have to guess the dealer was not paying 6 or 8% and eating the rest.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top