JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I mostly sell stuff on here for VERY good prices as it's usually something I want to move and reinvest the $$ in something else. But after still receiving low offers, when my asking price is low to begin with, I starting inflating my prices to allow for the usual offer of less than asking price, so I can get what I think I should for the item. Recently listed a gun for "X" amount and agreed instantly to the $50.00 less offer as it was reasonable and what I expected to get. I just get tired of some people who refuse to pay any asking price, regardless of wether it's a GREAT deal to begin with.

why would any body pay a like new price for a USED gun???When you can buy NEW for $50 or less..And it can be done...

why would any body pay a like new price for a USED gun???When you can buy NEW for $50 or less..And it can be done...

can you remember when a COLT MKIV SER 70 went for $250? i can
can you rmemeber when an M1 went for $300? i can
same can be said for calico and many other guns
it was a demand that set the price and not what a book said.

When it comes to a seller wanting a new price for a used gun and they use the claim of "no paperwork is involved" I usually pass on it. To me it doesn't matter if I go through a background check or not. After all, if I can't pass the background check then I shouldn't be buying it in the first place. I would think that the seller of a gun WOULD want to know what kind of person they are selling too. Isn't this one of the reasons we fight for our 2A right anyways? For me the extra $10.00 is worth a gun without scratches and a box.

When I'm selling I don't like lowballs. It's not because of "self esteem" as someone else claimed but rather the fact that it shows disrespect for me and the firearm. Last thing I'm gonna do is give it away to someone that has no respect but to make money for himself. I don't do it when I'm buying and when I get a lowball offer I don't even reply back to them.

Another thing that bothers me is trading. Whenever I offer a trade it's usually of equal value or higher value on my part. Not much higher value but it is higher. When you never hear back from the other person it's really irritating. A simple "no thanks" would be nice.

Someone stated ammo prices in this thread. I can relate to not paying the same for ammo as you can buy new but does ammo really drop in value? It's not like a gun where when you shoot it valve goes down. Ammo just stays in the box until your ready too use it. From what I seen ammo always goes up.

When I'm selling I don't like lowballs. It's not because of "self esteem" as someone else claimed but rather the fact that it shows disrespect for me and the firearm.

Ahhh being disrespectful is questioning your self esteem,same thing bro

Someone stated ammo prices in this thread. I can relate to not paying the same for ammo as you can buy new but does ammo really drop in value? It's not like a gun where when you shoot it valve goes down. Ammo just stays in the box until your ready too use it. From what I seen ammo always goes up.

I was really talking delivered price. Why oh why would anybody tool around town to meet a stranger in a parking lot just to buy ammo of unknown age and condition when exactly the same item at the same price can be delivered to your door at the click of a mouse?

I don't see it that way. They are closely resembled but the meaning is different. Either way, you understand what I'm saying.

Yeah but after about 40 years in construction,being disrespected meant being accepted at work.You know if they don't talk to you,you know you're on the way out?

I could care less if someone disrespects me any more.Especially if we don't know each other.I mean if I don't know you,how can I care what you think of me?

If you care about these things,trade the guns in at the dealer and don't deal with the public.

And definitely,don't sell anything on Craigslist

I was really talking delivered price. Why oh why would anybody tool around town to meet a stranger in a parking lot just to buy ammo of unknown age and condition when exactly the same item at the same price can be delivered to your door at the click of a mouse?

You make a good point.

Yeah but after about 40 years in construction,being disrespected meant being accepted at work.You know if they don't talk to you,you know you're on the way out?

I could care less if someone disrespects me any more.Especially if we don't know each other.I mean if I don't know you,how can I care what you think of me?

If you care about these things,trade the guns in at the dealer and don't deal with the public.

And definitely,don't sell anything on Craigslist

And thats why I said in my original post that I don't even reply back.

i always felt that in regards to answering a "pm" or an "AD", is just part of "forum ediquette" + it keeps the "PR" in the forums insite ! were all here to "ENJOY" !! whatever were doing..... buying,selling,trading,sharing in forums,hooken up for some get togethers,and picking up some info on things that go "BANG" !!
i for one, have sent out "pm's" on items "for trade", and have received no replies what so ever :-( ! i talked about this before on the forums .... on the average, it takes about 20 min. (W/pics) to set up an "ad" , and it takes about 1 min. to say (no thanks) or (lets talk),buuuuuut "no reply" at all, leads me to believe, if they don't give a rat turd,then neighter do i ! to me it's like getting a bad vibe from a clerk at a store, so i take my business elsewhere, and i'm fine with that ! as far as the thread goes........."IT IS WHAT IT IS" the market will be leader,and we get to follow suit !

my opinion only.......steven

The bottom line is that not all people are the same. Some people would prefer to pay more for new. Some people see a premium in a like new gun that is off the radar and are willing to pay more.

Personally I like new. Call me whatever, but I like being the first, and only, to own it. It's mine and mine only. That's me. I also like that if something goes wrong, that I have a relationship with A.) the store that I bought it at, and B.) The manufacturer. When I see a used gun for sale, I wonder why is it for sale? Was it returned and there was something wrong with it? (I've heard stories)... Or maybe the original owner just had a hankering for something different. I don't know... but I don't want to find out either. I like new. Again... that's just me. So I probably wouldn't buy a used gun AT ALL unless it was a significant savings. But that's just me.... and I'm only 1 type of buyer.

My state does not require registration. I have a friend of mine, who is a perfectly legal and law abiding citizen, that doesn't believe there should be any registration of fire arms at all. "I don't have to register my TV.. or my iPod.. or my basketball. Why does someone else need to know what I have in my house? So that when they ban guns they can have a nice little master list to come door to door and collect them from me? No Thank You." I'm not saying he's right or wrong... all I'm saying is that there are different strokes for different folks. For him, I'm sure he'd see value in a like new, used gun that's off the radar. He'd be willing to pay more for a used gun than I would.

So if you see a gun that you want and it's at, or near, a price that you like, then make an offer. If you think it's too much, then move on. But don't expect everyone else to change to meet your wishes. Crops don't lie. People wouldn't be doing this if wasn't working.

I've been in the market for X gun recently, and I've been holding out.. looking for a deal. Spending lots of energy trying to find it for the cheapest I could get it... trying to work sellers to throw in some extras and "sweeten it up" for me... to earn my business. Then I just recently discovered that they're flying off the shelves at an accelerating pace. So guess what I'm doing? I'm paying full retail AND I'm driving almost 70 miles to do it because they're not available for order, and I found ONE in stock in a shop out of town.

Market dictates what something is worth. It's the same for guns as it is for houses, cars, and baseball cards.

Being married and on a fixed income limits the amount of "play" money so any low ball offer from me is no sign of disrespect. I have to stay within a budget or face serious consequences. I also need to be able to wake up in the morning and still be intact and breathing. It is better to please the one I lay down with over the one I gave a low ball offer too. But like I said, there is no intent of offense with a low ball offer. Just a guy trying to make ends meet.
As far as used gun prices, a lot seem high to me but I have seen some good deals too. Of coarse the good deals are always when I am broke but let me get some cash together and everything is out of my reach!
Mike

I have found a few really good buys, some of them I already owned pretty much the same thing so I didn't buy them.
I have also seen some adds that really were good for snorting some coffee out onto the computer.

Those ones I just won't comment on.
Because it is not for me to say whoa there does it have gold coins hidden under the grips?

I am also amazed at the large amount of firearms that have hardly ever been shot.
I don't think I could sell one to compare with the pictures I have seen.

Most of mine I have shot the stuffins out of, and because I clean them right after shooting, most of them are as tight as when I bought them, just more polished on the rails and barrels.
Some of mine have passed the 20K round count and while comfortable to shoot, have a bad case of the uglies.

I still have yet to see the 454 leveraction that i often think about, and I bet when I finally do, it will cost more than when your son is born in the hospital, I will blow coffee out my nose and that will be that.

Being married and on a fixed income limits the amount of "play" money so any low ball offer from me is no sign of disrespect. I have to stay within a budget or face serious consequences. I also need to be able to wake up in the morning and still be intact and breathing. It is better to please the one I lay down with over the one I gave a low ball offer too. But like I said, there is no intent of offense with a low ball offer. Just a guy trying to make ends meet.
As far as used gun prices, a lot seem high to me but I have seen some good deals too. Of coarse the good deals are always when I am broke but let me get some cash together and everything is out of my reach!
Mike

I can understand your point on this. What I'm saying is if I'm asking $500 for a gun I wouldn't let the guy walk away if he offered $450. It's the people that offer $350 that I don't reply back to. I'm not here to play a game of back and forth. Just close to what I'm asking.

Now on the other hand, if I'm selling a kimber 1911 for $550 (seen a ad for that today....I'm sure it's gone) then I expect the full $550. After all, the gun is more than worth it.

When I sold my Kimber I tried it at $900.It was hard to sell a gun I shot well,hence the price.(maybe no one will buy it?)
A guy asked if I would take offers.I said "yeah I'll take $950"

I like to ,as in your example,ad as much to the price as the guy takes off. So sale price is 500 and offer is 350.New sale price is 650.
Then we can get back to real prices.

BrowningMedalist.jpg

This is the last used gun I purchased. A as new Browning Medalist with all the accessories in the case for $300.00 out the door. That was years ago. Used gun prices today are insane, and I cannot believe people pay for them what they do. Now I only buy new. I take care of my weapons and all look like they were just taken from the box. Even ones I bought in the 70's.

To me buying used guns is like buying used cars. Something else I no longer do. For one thing, people don't seem to take care of things like they used to. A gun or a car used to be a thing of pride. Today it's just an object. I go to gun shows and see these AR-15's for sale and they look like they were dragged there tied to the bumper of the truck they guy drove to get there. They have the audacity to ask $100.00 less than a new model of the same type. Even the AR-15's in Cabela's "Gun Library" aren't worth half of what they ask. You can go to the gun counter 50 steps away and buy a brand new one for $100.00 more. Purchase it from Davidson's and you'll get a Lifetime Free Replacement Warranty just like a Craftsman Tool. Why screw around with used? It no longer makes sense. Bill T.

I have bought a gun used for just slightly less than I could have bought it new on more than one occasion. I bought a used S&W revolver for just 10% less than it sold new, but because I bought it in a private sale I saved $10 for the background check and $90 in taxes. So in the end I ended up saving over 20% of what I would have paid new for a gun that had only been fired a couple of time more than the one straight from the factory had been fired.

BrowningMedalist.jpg

This is the last used gun I purchased. A as new Browning Medalist with all the accessories in the case for $300.00 out the door. That was years ago. Used gun prices today are insane, and I cannot believe people pay for them what they do. Now I only buy new. I take care of my weapons and all look like they were just taken from the box. Even ones I bought in the 70's.

To me buying used guns is like buying used cars. Something else I no longer do. For one thing, people don't seem to take care of things like they used to. A gun or a car used to be a thing of pride. Today it's just an object. I go to gun shows and see these AR-15's for sale and they look like they were dragged there tied to the bumper of the truck they guy drove to get there. They have the audacity to ask $100.00 less than a new model of the same type. Even the AR-15's in Cabela's "Gun Library" aren't worth half of what they ask. You can go to the gun counter 50 steps away and buy a brand new one for $100.00 more. Purchase it from Davidson's and you'll get a Lifetime Free Replacement Warranty just like a Craftsman Tool. Why screw around with used? It no longer makes sense. Bill T.

Try to buy that Medalist new for $300 these days. My point was that you can't get that quality, or even that item new now. I've owned one of those pistols. You can't slide a piece of paper between the wood and the metal anywhere on it. You can't get hand cut checkering, nor the blueing job at that price. I'll buy all the Medalists in that condition that you want to sell me for $300 each.

Try to buy that Medalist new for $300 these days. My point was that you can't get that quality, or even that item new now. I've owned one of those pistols. You can't slide a piece of paper between the wood and the metal anywhere on it. You can't get hand cut checkering, nor the blueing job at that price. I'll buy all the Medalists in that condition that you want to sell me for $300 each.

All true. But you must remember I bought that pistol in 1977 for that price. Today I can't imagine what they would sell for. Used Glocks are going for $400.00+. Bill T.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top