JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Remember, Tio qualified that idea by stating he'd only go for that option if he were ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN he would make the shot first try. Any doubt, he'd do something else... including, possibly, nothing.

IF things are lined up just right (which they COULD be) it shouldn't be that hard a shot. But ONLY if......

Reasonable;
1 being in accordance with reason <a reasonable theory>
not extreme or excessive <reasonable requests>
moderate, fair <a reasonable chance>

2 having the faculty of reason
possessing sound judgment <a reasonable man>

Feasible;
1 capable of being done or carried out <a feasible plan>
2 capable of being used or dealt with successfully : suitable
3 reasonable, likely

one other possibility, which I'd consider if I was certain I could pull it off.... but ONLY if I was absolutely certain.... hit the hand with the gun, knocking it out and damaging the hand so it was not functional. Clerk cannot get shot, nor can I, perp most likely neutralised....... but not dead. Not easy, but, depending on precisely how things were laid out, a possibility. Worthy of consideration. He;d have to be holding his gun hand steady (many would be waving it about wildly, making that shot impossible), havae it in plain view with a predictable and safe backdrop (the ball would almost certainly carry on past his hand... unless it hit the gun itself, then it might ricochet) Maybe try and take out his wrist, just behind the heel of his hand. Gun goes flying, he's out of commission, and in incredible pain.... then aim at his chest and start barking orders to subdue him. Any more attempts at aggression, take him out. But this time, no gun in hand, which radically changes the situation. There are a couple dozen what if's and this not that details that, taken together, could radically alter my options.......

Well be prepared to be sewed by the suspect for crippling him. And if you shoot somone in the head you will be grilled in the court room as to why you murdered this man, why didnt you shoot him in the hand...

It is a lose-lose battle. Hope you have a good attorny and are a part of the NRA and that they will back you up.

Good luck to us all in any situation that we use deadly force.

Well be prepared to be sewed by the suspect for crippling him. And if you shoot somone in the head you will be grilled in the court room as to why you murdered this man, why didnt you shoot him in the hand...

It is a lose-lose battle. Hope you have a good attorny and are a part of the NRA and that they will back you up.

Good luck to us all in any situation that we use deadly force.

so, the right thing to do is sneak out of the store and go tell the cops what you saw and hear? Sorry... that's how a few million Jews got exterminated during the tyrannical rule of the Third Reich.

who is it said that all that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do NOTHING.....

there's another Book said it a bit stronger:

If you see a man in need, and have the means to meet that need, and withhold it, you have STOLEN it from him.

Not too much to extend that to ANY sort of help.... the guy behind the counter, life in the balance, I am there and have the means at hand?

Suppose I do nothing, he is killed, and HIS family sues ME for failing to protect his life when I was able.... could, and has, happened.

One of the biggest problems we have in this culture is that there are far too many hungry lawyers looking for stupid lawsuits. And too few with the guts to prosecute perps vigourously, instead looking for techincalities to help them escape their just punishment. THus the deterrent aspect of criminal justice is seriously weakened, and BG''s are confident they'll get away with it again.... just like that guy, Clemmens, who shot the four officers in Lakewood.
No, instead we've got a few millions of citizens in prisonn for stupid stuff that hurts no oe, while, because of overcrowding and short budgets guys like Clemmens get out... to kill cops (AFTER assembling a rather long laundry list of other crimes in the last year here in Washington)

No, I'll stand on the idea that, if at all possible, I will do what it takes to preserve the life of an innocent. The poor sap behind the counter, probably wetting his pants, NEEDS some relief, The BG holding the gun on him needs something else..... something he's not likely to get at the hands of the criminal justice system. Likely he should have beenn given it last time he got caught popping the MinitMart....... but didn't, which is why he's on the street doing it again.

As long as we rely totally on law enforcement and lawyers to take care of us, guess what? THEY will be the ones we HAVE to rely upon. Have a good look at their track record..... in fact, if they are so reliable and efficient, why are they not there already, taking out the BGWG?

This sort of behaviour will continue, and even escalate, as long as we citizens refuse to stand up for what is right, and oppose, with force if need be, what is wrong. I do not like hearing of breakins, shootings, robberies, in every newspaper I read. WHY are there so many? Because WE the people have allowed them to happen unchecked. And, in the main, refuse to take our own role in self-policing our neighbourhoods and cities.

Reasonable;
1 being in accordance with reason <a reasonable theory>
not extreme or excessive <reasonable requests>
moderate, fair <a reasonable chance>

2 having the faculty of reason
possessing sound judgment <a reasonable man>

Feasible;
1 capable of being done or carried out <a feasible plan>
2 capable of being used or dealt with successfully : suitable
3 reasonable, likely

Thank you for providing the pure expression of the words. With no disrespect those words are for the most part the same.
Heck #3 in Feasible is reasonable:huh:

You should consider a career in politics sir:s0114:

Feasible for example. if you're CQB with someone, that would not be feasible, just get to it.

Reasonable, like the original scenario...if you yelled out you may get a startled response from the gunman, which in turn may end up shooting the clerk...so in this case, it's not reasonable to expect a challenge.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top