JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
" 1.) Stay out of the street.

"2.) Stay out of street.

"3.) For the love of God, stay out of the street. The worst place to be in an urban warfare environment is to be outside."

" I am a former U.S. Marine and am of Ukrainian ancestry. I can't even believe I am making a post like this and it will probably get buried, but if someone has the ability to translate it to Ukrainian please do. I fought in Iraq and was an urban warfare instructor.

For the defenders of Kiev, here are a few tips I can offer that I can say worked in Iraq (to the Iraqis advantage)

Selco at Organic Prepper has further advice. Much learned years ago ...
"Selco survived the Balkan war of the 90s in a city under siege, without electricity, running water, or food distribution."

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/shtf-bosnia-selco-americans/

Plenty of research is available.

Aloha, Mark

"2.) Stay out of street.

"3.) For the love of God, stay out of the street. The worst place to be in an urban warfare environment is to be outside."

The Ukrainians will be dealing with these situations soon, if Russia continues with invasion. Block to block, building to building and eventually room to room if they are still taking casulties. As I said before the Russians are still playing softball for now. If they decide to cut off resupply routes, shut down water/power to city and torch buildings then the real fun will begin. Drones, cruise missiles, bombers haven't made much of an appearance yet.

The Ukranians should not forget that some among them sympathize with the Russians and will provide intel to rat out defense positions, people, etc just as Afghans and Iraqis helped us.

"2.) Stay out of street.

Rule #4.

Do NOT silhouette yourself in any window…. you'll die.

The Ukrainians will be dealing with these situations soon, if Russia continues with invasion. Block to block, building to building and eventually room to room if they are still taking casulties. As I said before the Russians are still playing softball for now. If they decide to cut off resupply routes, shut down water/power to city and torch buildings then the real fun will begin. Drones, cruise missiles, bombers haven't made much of an appearance yet.

The Ukranians should not forget that some among them sympathize with the Russians and will provide intel to rat out defense positions, people, etc just as Afghans and Iraqis helped us.
Just like how some Americans also helped Isis and the Taliban.

Rule #4.

Do NOT silhouette yourself in any window…. you'll die.
You mean your not supposed to stick your barrel out of the window? Instead shoot from inside the room taking advantage of concealment….

Having fought in Panama , "Peacekeeping" in Bosnia and fought in Mogadishu ....
Urban Warfare is difficult to say the least.

As noted above streets and windows are not your friends...nor are doorways , stairs or basements....
Its easy to get boxed in if ya ain't careful...lots of times "friendlies" are mixed in with "Hostiles"....
Often your choices in what you can use to return fire , are limited....
The opposing force can set up ambushes and booby traps with ease....
Urban warfare is a very "3D" environment...enemy fire / danger can and will come from almost any direction....
Andy

I'm still calculating the risks of being 1.5 tanks of gas away from urbania if/when potty strikes the prime mover.

While you're calculating get your ranging stakes in place. :D
What a coincidence…I just finished the berms and final grading about 1/2hr ago. I've got some saw cut concrete slabs here on the property and I may turn some into shooting benches 🤓

Forgot to add the photo…
98813022-D29D-4C9C-B9DB-5393060A6117.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews