JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They keep showing me these commercials for this colostomy bag holster, Does it appeal to anyone here?
Has anyone tried one and liked it.
I love gear, this product just seems so over thought for a problem I don't have, whats ya'll 2 on this.

Nope, doesn't appeal to me at all. Just another gimmick. It's all in persons priorities. What's more important? Your wardrobe or your carry choices?

But I understand too, I can only choose what works for me.

Seems a bit to complex to be doing during that moment when you really need your firearm in your hand. No way this can be comfortable sitting down. Leather absorbs moisture, wicking it directly to the firearm.

That'd be a hard pass from me.

I had watched the commercial a few times and my take away was the people doing the demo must have had a LOT of out takes to get it that well. Also the thought of the leather bag in my crotch for hours does NOT seem like it could possibly be anything close to comfortable.

Who needs a holster. Just drink more beer.

1629637188425.png

I would say too all of you: if you haven't tried it, don't knock it.

I used one for about a year and it worked great for my needs at the time. I still use it sometimes. I had to deep conceal but the smallest gun I had was a Shield in 9mm and for me it's too big to pocket carry but the Urban Carry Holster filled my needs. (No, I don't work for them and I did not get paid for this)

Myth: the gun will fall out and stub your toe.
Reality: the first generation did have this issue but they now sell a model with a magnet and a retention device. I tried to get my Shield to fall out and was unsuccessful.

My observations:

If you put it in the correct spot it just looks like something in your pocket when sitting, it disappears when walking.

When drawn the gun is in a perfect spot.

The medium size works well for Shield size, MP Subcompact, and MP Compact size guns. For you Glock folks that's the G26-G19 sizes. It's very versatile in the fact that one size works for hundreds of different guns.

This holster does not work well for full size guns as it becomes obvious you have something very large in your pants.

It was very comfortable for me.

It's hard to do a fast draw, you really need to pay attention to what it. At least for me.

In the event of a scuffle, if you fell on your back, with a normal belt holster your gun could be taken from you. With the Urban Carry they would have to take your pants off to get to your gun.

This holster works best with loose fit pants, just like pocket carry.

They have a money back guarantee, if you buy direct through their website, so if you don't like it you can get your money back or trade for another holster.

So I really like the Urban Carry. People who make fun of it have often not ever seen one IRL and should be more open to new ideas.

I had watched the commercial a few times and my take away was the people doing the demo must have had a LOT of out takes to get it that well. Also the thought of the leather bag in my crotch for hours does NOT seem like it could possibly be anything close to comfortable.
I carry mine like the gun was in my pocket, about the 2 o'clock position, so it is more on my leg and not in my crotch. And yes, those guys must have had at least a year of practice, it's deep conceal and the trade off is how fast you can draw, unless you spend a few months practicing.

I think the issue is people compare it to normal belt holster and you can't do that. They are very different and serve different needs.

Seems a bit to complex to be doing during that moment when you really need your firearm in your hand. No way this can be comfortable sitting down. Leather absorbs moisture, wicking it directly to the firearm.

That'd be a hard pass from me.
Any change in holster position will take practice. And in practice, it's not that complicated. Pull holster from pants, pull gun from holster. It can even be done one handed. It is slower than a belt holster, but if you need deep concealment there will be a trade off.

I found it to be more comfortable than a normal belt holster, especially when sitting. However, it is very difficult, near impossible, for me to draw when sitting. Would be easier if I had a flat stomach. 😔

Never saw any condensation on the pistol.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top