JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd argue the 4th amendment specifically because this is UPS, a private business, and not a government entity like USPS. This is a fishing expedition without a license (warrant) because there exists no reasonable suspicion that the random packages they are inspecting contain contraband. If, however, a LE agency were to have credible intelligence on a package containing contraband, AND obtained a warrant, then I could see them searching for it in this manner. However, any contraband they discovered in the process that was not a part of the warrant would not be allowed as evidence against an unrelated party.

Without looking it up, I'm pretty sure the SCOTUS disagrees with me on this, but they're not always correct in their interpretations (see, "Chevron Doctrine").
None of which negates the regular, historical, and commonly accepted practice of inspecting (yes, even randomly) interstate commerce and the transport thereof (whether governmental OR private).

Diesel fuel? :s0064: like the way US military "disposed" of poop by mixing with diesel.and burning? View attachment 1872756
Gulf War early days, in the middle of the desert was nothing to sneeze at. The brass had the only flush toilet for miles. That seat was never cold. They had to figure out a modern solution to an old problem (the officers shut it down after a few days, if that). Trial and error was not pretty with upto 2500 people staging and moving on.

Actually, those old sh** shacks pictured, sorta worked best. But in the co-ed era of war they needed a more modest result. What we got were gravity fed toilets, elevated on a platform. They had to open the window flaps on the tents because of the heat, but you got a face full of nuts or lady bits at eye level every time you walked by.

Gulf War early days, in the middle of the desert was nothing to sneeze at. The brass had the only flush toilet for miles. That seat was never cold. They had to figure out a modern solution to an old problem (the officers shut it down after a few days, if that). Trial and error was not pretty with upto 2500 people staging and moving on.

Actually, those old sh** shacks pictured, sorta worked best. But in the co-ed era of war they needed a more modest result. What we got were gravity fed toilets, elevated on a platform. They had to open the window flaps on the tents because of the heat, but you got a face full of nuts or lady bits at eye level every time you walked by.
Is that where the term "shet show" came from? :D

The danger in falsely exclaiming "rights are eroded" is the same frame of mind that wishes to insert "new" rights into the Constitution that do not actually exist there. It is the same frame of mind that believes murder is worse when it is performed on certain classes of people (and following such logic, of less importance when performed on other classes).

In protecting the VERY short list of enumerated rights, claiming that other ones are there by interpretation dilutes the defense of the real and crucial ones.

The people that know which rights are actually there in the Constitution will (rightfully) look upon those that imagine additional rights as whiners and complainers, reducing the effect of any effort to defend an actual right when the opportunity presents itself.

The danger in falsely exclaiming "rights are eroded" is the same frame of mind that wishes to insert "new" rights into the Constitution that do not actually exist there. It is the same frame of mind that believes murder is worse when it is performed on certain classes of people (and following such logic, of less importance when performed on other classes).

In protecting the VERY short list of enumerated rights, claiming that other ones are there by interpretation dilutes the defense of the real and crucial ones.

The people that know which rights are actually there in the Constitution will (rightfully) look upon those that imagine additional rights as whiners and complainers, reducing the effect of any effort to defend an actual right when the opportunity presents itself.
While I agree with the general spirit of what you're conveying here, a note of caution is suggested when discussing "rights that do not actually exist" in the Constitution, since the 9th makes it very clear that they don't have to be enumerated to exist.

Diesel fuel? :s0064: like the way US military "disposed" of poop by mixing with diesel.and burning? View attachment 1872756
OMG…. I pulled "sheite duty" like that a couple of times as a private. It was strange days back then…. EVERYWHERE you went in that country (which shall remain unnamed) smelled of that sickly/sweet oily smell of burning diesel and sheite!

Wait, why would the females be hangin' their boobs through the seats?

:s0153:

;):s0140:

While I agree with the general spirit of what you're conveying here, a note of caution is suggested when discussing "rights that do not actually exist" in the Constitution, since the 9th makes it very clear that they don't have to be enumerated to exist.
Absolutely. And I'll acknowledge that I did a poor job recognizing that category and differentiating them from plate carriers in the mail. :cool:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top