JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I read somewhere that as long as everyone benefits from each other economically an uprising will never happen.... Can't rememeber where that was... Must be digital dementia setting in.

Also people fear what might come next, some times what ya got is better then what comes next.

But if Somalia is any indication, I don't think it'd be as bad as everyone thinks.

Is it bad enough that you can't feed your family...... That is when you will see uprising, which is usually way later then it should be.

Ironically, the news media most often quote the following by President Thomas Jefferson when defending themselves from detractors:
"The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1787.

What they don't like to admit, is that you could write a book with the statements Jefferson made reviling the newspapers of his day. Just a small sample ....

'From forty years' experience of the wretched guess-work of the newspapers of what is not done in open daylight, and of their falsehood even as to that, I rarely think them worth reading, and almost never worth notice."

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day."

"A coalition of sentiments is not for the interest of printers… [T]he printers can never leave us in a state of perfect rest and union of opinion. They would be no longer useful and would have to go to the plough."

"I really look with commiseration over the great body of my fellow citizens who, reading newspapers, live and die in the belief that they have known something of what has been passing in the world in their time…"

"The man who never looks into a newspaper is better informed than he who reads them, inasmuch as he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors."

"A truth now and then projecting into the ocean of newspaper lies serves like headlands to correct our course. Indeed, my scepticism as to everything I see in a newspaper makes me indifferent whether I ever see one."

Uprising? Gonna need a great Big Blue Pill for that to happen!

Turn off all media and open a book, maybe the Bible says me! Find your inner peace and enjoy a simpler life with out all that negativity that you cannot do any thing about any way!

I agree. Nowhere near as bad as it was in the 60s and early 70s. ROTC buildings burning, nearly a thousand universities shut down, civil rights leaders being assassinated, presidents being assassinated, students being shot by our own military on campus, massive beating of protestors at political conventions, leaders of minority fringe groups (black panthers) being murdered in their homes by police, cities burning due to riots (Watts, DC, Detroit). These things were a regular occurrance in the period between 65-75. You want to talk about losing freedoms? How about being forced under threat of prison to go thousands of miles away and kill people who have done nothing to you?

Not saying it's good. Just, by comparison, it has been a lot worse. Definitely not the rosy lovefest it was during the Clinton/Bush years ;) There are a lot of angry people. The media focuses on them. Get rid of it.

I tend to think , at the moment , at least...
It might be more of a ignoring , than a uprising....as in non-compliance of certain laws , bans , restrictions and requirements...You know , of those laws and such , that make you go : Yeah and just how are they gonna enforce that...?

Please note that I am not saying to go out a break a law...Just saying that independent minded folks tend to be independent....
Andy

I think there is a subtle, dangerous encroach on liberty that is being dismissed in this thread. While I agree most people are just fine, the ruling class is out of hand.

The option to simply disobey anti2a laws really misses the point of said laws. That point is to turn off the running tap of strategically effective firearms into the hands of civilians, and further shun the ownership of firearms in the general public. The scary # of guns in America will then decrease, removing the 2a deterrent the govt hates; confiscation not necessary in the long run.

It's the slowly boiling frog and, sadly, pols know it. I doubt anyone will volunteer to go first, I won't, unless there is a gigantic jump in the temperature of the water. Govvie knows not to do that.

Read a book, love your family, and work inside of the twisted system. Want to make a difference? Get a government job and do your damned best to tidy up that little mess.

...racism is on the rise. IMO

Racism on the rise? No. Tribalism, yes.

Race can certainly be a component, largely because that's how much of the argument was originally framed. It's an overly simple way of separating people into arbitrary groups.

What we're actually seeing is that the identity politics of the progressive left has been so effective some on the right now are adopting the same tactics. The postmodern line of attacking oppressor groups has gotten out of control and people, who are guilty of nothing besides wanting to be left alone, are beginning to rebel. The line of thought is - ok, if that's the game then fine, I'll play; but I'm going to win, because in the end I can be more violent and cruel than you... Neither is a direction I will support.

As noted before, we approaching dangerous waters. I'm not trying to be fatalistic, just saying we need to stay in the game and make the case for a liberty based society and against toxic ideologies.

I think there is a subtle, dangerous encroach on liberty that is being dismissed in this thread. While I agree most people are just fine, the ruling class is out of hand.

The option to simply disobey anti2a laws really misses the point of said laws. That point is to turn off the running tap of strategically effective firearms into the hands of civilians, and further shun the ownership of firearms in the general public. The scary # of guns in America will then decrease, removing the 2a deterrent the govt hates; confiscation not necessary in the long run.

It's the slowly boiling frog and, sadly, pols know it. I doubt anyone will volunteer to go first, I won't, unless there is a gigantic jump in the temperature of the water. Govvie knows not to do that.

Read a book, love your family, and work inside of the twisted system. Want to make a difference? Get a government job and do your damned best to tidy up that little mess.
I like that strategy, and I would add we need more teachers not under the influence of whatever that PC stuff is called to get kids to toe the line and join the herds.

I feel we are living on a tinder box. I wonder what it will take for us Deplorable's to finally stand up and fight for our country. What will be the trigger? We are losing our right's faster than I ever thought possible. Not just the 2nd amendment. We can only be pushed so far.
I fear, for the life my children and grandchildren will have to live in.

OK, that's my rant.

No doubt about it - the USA has more problems than a math text.
Something like this could start a local skirmish:
GOP Winner in Maine-02 Now Declared Loser Due to 'Rank Voting'

Exactly, and its those 6-8% doing 90% of the talking, or posting rather, as most of its done on the internet and not even in real life.
Pretty much seems to be the case.
I am a member of another gun for that allows NO political discussion at all. Anything even remotely political is warned about ,shut down or removed. At first I thought it was a bit excessive but now I don't even think about it. The interesting part is the discussions are about guns and shooting, hunting, ammo & reloading, guns bought & sold, range reports etc. Some of the members are pretty 'green' and the questions & discussions are kind of 'basic' but the reality is the talk is ABOUT real life guns and shooting - and a lot of it harkens back to to the more 'traditional' aspects and not so politically charged as it has become on some other forums.

Agreed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this country is no where near the turmoil it was in during the 60's and 70's. This is nothing new hard left and hard right clashing, anyone in doubt look up the Greenboro Massacre and remember some smart dude said something about those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it.

Thanks for the perspective for those like me who were not there to see it.

I tend to think , at the moment , at least...
It might be more of a ignoring , than a uprising....as in non-compliance of certain laws , bans , restrictions and requirements...You know , of those laws and such , that make you go : Yeah and just how are they gonna enforce that...?

Please note that I am not saying to go out a break a law...Just saying that independent minded folks tend to be independent....
Andy

2020, the great ignoreing.

Last Edited:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: WTH?????
This is even worse then eliminating the polls where people can go to their communities to vote.
I've said it before and I will say it again that mail-in ballots are so corrupt and it's the old fox in The Henhouse scenario.:rolleyes:

I'm OK with getting my ballot in the mail early - gives time to fill it out. However, I'd make the following changes/policies:

1) ALL ballots must be received and counted on election night. Then recounted on election night until the count is exactly the same. Only then can the count be reported. This would require machine counts in order to get it done on time.
2) Strict chain of custody/security for every ballot from the time it is received until counted.
3) No campaign, political party, OR ANYONE gets a list of voters who have or have not turned in a ballot. Also, NO ONE gets a list of registered voters - except for those verifying ballot signatures!
4) No electronic voting.

On uprising thread above, many suggest turning off the news. How do we stay informed and learn about anti proposals to take away our rights if we don't listen to the news?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top