JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree. Nowhere near as bad as it was in the 60s and early 70s. ROTC buildings burning, nearly a thousand universities shut down, civil rights leaders being assassinated, presidents being assassinated, students being shot by our own military on campus, massive beating of protestors at political conventions, leaders of minority fringe groups (black panthers) being murdered in their homes by police, cities burning due to riots (Watts, DC, Detroit). These things were a regular occurrance in the period between 65-75. You want to talk about losing freedoms? How about being forced under threat of prison to go thousands of miles away and kill people who have done nothing to you?

Baby Boomers, Radicals. I consider Hillary to be a radical, but at least she isn't out blowing up banks. Now the Occupy movement has morphed into Antifa. Rioting in Watts has morphed into rioting in Baltimore, Ferguson, etc.

Whether or not you agree with the draft, it was a common idea throughout history. It is only in the recent times that we have a 100% volunteer military, and yet they still receive criticism and such for, amongst other things, being too stupid to have a better job/career. :rolleyes:

Get a government job and do your damned best to tidy up that little mess.

I don't disagree but it will take a long investment by a segment of the populace that #1 doesn't usually have that strategy, and #2 doesn't typically have patience for the long game. The people that I know that work in government are harassed/indoctrinated/subjugated every day. Their ideas are fought or ridiculed, and the result of exposing thoughts is being fired or pushed out. I worked in a liberal organization and was stabbed in the back and forced out after only one comment opposing their constant gushing over liberal icons/ideas and constant criticism/ridicule of conservative/libertarian.

No doubt about it - the USA has more problems than a math text.
Something like this could start a local skirmish:
GOP Winner in Maine-02 Now Declared Loser Due to 'Rank Voting'

What happened to the U.S. Constitution - one man one vote?????

Last Edited:
On uprising thread above, many suggest turning off the news. How do we stay informed and learn about anti proposals to take away our rights if we don't listen to the news?

No one is saying not to be informed. I believe the point was to be informed, do your own research and stay away from the 6-8% of the radicals on either side. This has worked for me in the last 3-4 years and I'm happier for it. Your mileage may vary though.

What happened to the U.S. Constitution - one man one vote?????

There is no right to vote in the Constitution. There is a right to representation for each state (2 Senators per state, Representatives based on state population currently capped at 435 total). This, BTW is called "The Great Compromise" and without it there would be no United States as there is no way a lower population state would join a union that included larger (in population) states that would leave it without any power or say. For the same reasons this is also why we have an Electoral College that apportions Electors on the same basis.

Each state decides how US Senators and Representatives are determined and currently all states have chosen the election process where theoretically it's one man one vote.

No one is saying not to be informed. I believe the point was to be informed, do your own research and stay away from the 6-8% of the radicals on either side. This has worked for me in the last 3-4 years and I'm happier for it. Your mileage may vary though.
News in moderation?

^ This. Staying informed and keeping track of issues that may impact the family is one thing. But constantly dosing on the toxicity just isn't good for the mind and soul. And, ultimately, much of this we have no control over, beyond how we respond to it and what countermeasures are taken.

As a rant I give it a 6.5 out of 10.
It should have been in all capital letters and it wasn't nearly long enough.

LOL!

There is no right to vote in the Constitution. There is a right to representation for each state (2 Senators per state, Representatives based on state population currently capped at 435 total). This, BTW is called "The Great Compromise" and without it there would be no United States as there is no way a lower population state would join a union that included larger (in population) states that would leave it without any power or say. For the same reasons this is also why we have an Electoral College that apportions Electors on the same basis.

Each state decides how US Senators and Representatives are determined and currently all states have chosen the election process where theoretically it's one man one vote.

I would like to amend your informative post with the 17th Amendment ;) It states how US Senators must be elected. One of the several screwed up Amendments ol' Woodrow got through. (excluding the 19th . . . that is not a screwed up one, though some may disagree :p )

Yep, my example was off. But still....

One man one vote except in Mass, where votes are swapped like trading cards.

Impeaching Trump has 2 problems for those who want to impeach. The DNC leadership in the House is likely to impeach and the charges will be dismissed by the Senate. The same leadership does not want to inspire counter legal actions as far to many of them would risk prison. The real problems are occurring at the city and state levels. I sympathize who those want to live and let live. Not gonna happen.

For an uprising to work , there is a need for more than internet grumbling and rallies / protests.
Sunshine Patriots need not apply.

The above remarks are not aimed at anyone...just saying if you want to make a change , you gotta do something like :

Clean up the local public shooting area...
Teach someone how to safely handle a firearm...
Share your knowledge about shooting...
When discussing firearms and someone disagrees with you...don't resort to cheap shots , over used cliches or such...use well researched facts...
Be on your "best behavior" when carrying your firearm...like it or not , when someone is seen with a gun , they represent all gun owners , in the eyes of many people...
Vote..
Encourage others to see a different view...don't just "shout em" down with blanket statements...
Actually write a elected official about your concerns and not use the pre-printed form letter that is often sent...
Shop at as many pro-gun stores / companies as you can...
Donate time and money to a worthy pro 2nd Amendment group...
Andy

I think we are being pushed in a very subtle way, until some day, some one will say ''enough'', that's what ''they'' want. Just little situations here and there, enough to keep people on edge, and stir things up. Its like a piece of hard wood,if you want it to split, you use a wedge. Same situation with the public, drive a small wedge between people, then tap it every now and then, keep them upset until some one has had enough and retaliates.Then, land on them hard to make an example, and scare every one else away. See how much more you can push them the next time, do this over and over and eventually people get tired and accept these new age changes. We are slowly but surely being manipulated. I know this, i'm glad i am the age i am. But, i feel sorry for the future generations.

4720245A-DE9A-41DD-91F7-4D5E9EB731E9.jpeg

A kitten on your shoulder, a Bible in your lap, a few well-oiled guns you can shoot accurately, a good supply of ammo on hand, and you're good to go.

My guess is we're in for some interesting times. I'm hoping the Good Lord returns before open warfare comes to the good old USA. But I reckon just about anything could happen. We're actually seeing Muslims elected to public office nowadays. That's the thin end of the longest wedge in the world.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top