JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At the present, I have a Technician Class License for amateur radio. I've got too much on my plate in the summer months, but I am thinking of this coming fall studying for and taking the test to upgrade to a General License. Having access to HF is the primary motivation to upgrade.

Anywho, I am planning on reading the book published by ARRL and taking the practice exams online as a prep. I did that for the Tech License and it was a piece of cake. That said, if anyone has tips, guidance, etc., I'd value the information. And maybe others considering an upgrade will too.

Thanks much.

Highly recommended. Even if you don't use the General privileges at first, it's good to have them available. I was a Tech for 25 years before upgrading and have finally gotten a set of HF gear - unfortunately all in storage. But looking forward to finally using HF SSB after 42 years...

PS: Since there's no 20 words per minute Morse requirement, the Extra class exam is much easier than it was in the past. Once you make General, keep going - it's fun and gives you more frequencies which could be a real help if needed.

I used HamStudy.org: Cutting edge amateur radio study tools to practice for my Tech + General a few years ago. When you're going through the questions, it'll sort of give you flashcards that explain the answers for whatever you end up missing. I just kept going through all of the questions until it told me I had seen everything in the question bank for the tests, and did a few practice exams to confirm that I could reliably pass the real exams.

Aced my General.

Should probably go get my Extra at some point.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top