JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
***sold***

What i have is a 43/45 Hex Receiver Ishevsk with Ministry of Defense markings . The /45 means it was re-arsenalled in 1945.

I took it to my backwoods range and shot 4" groups shooting off my knee from a sitting position using Russian 148gr fmj.

I floated the barrel by sanding out the channel and adding a small amount of cork to the tip.

Then i disassembled the trigger mechanism and polished up 4 contact points using a dremel with a wire wheel attachment and 400 grit sandpaper. It went from a long creepy 6 stage trigger to a long smooth 1 stage trigger. It also seemed to have lightened the overall pull a bit.

I learned that the rear sight base is on an 11mm dovetail rail. It just so happens that all .22lr optics use 2/3" rails which is pretty much 11mm. Most pistol and scout type scopes are 1" tubes on 2/3" bases. How convenient.

Next i installed a Leupold fx2 2.5x scout scope. I knew i didn't want to modify the rifle in any way, so no drilling, tapping, and turning down the bolt handle. I really did not want to bubba the thing.

411427.jpg

Next i took off the rear sight. There is a pin to punch out, then if it's not soldered (about 1/2 arent') you tap it off. Mine was silver soldered. A quick trip to my father in law's place, a few minutes with torch, maul, and brass punch and she's off.
!BfzKTqgBGk~$(KGrHqIOKjYEryOGezRZBLCs9KGIe!~~_35.JPG

With Weaver medium rings i have about 1mm clearance from the rear of the scope to the receiver. Most people buy expensive rail mounts that have the scope too high in the air and ruins the cheek weld. I don't understand why. Anyway, I gave it a few whacks with the palm of my hand without it touching, and after a year and several hundred rounds down the barrel i'm confident it doesn't touch.

2011-07-15_08-27-50_38.jpg

Next i worked up a handload using Barnes TSX. I used 3 different oal settings, 5 different powder charges and came up with a winner:

150 grain barnes tsx
50.0 gr varget
3.020 oal
1.5" center to center from furthest holes
average 2920 fps
2011-09-18_08-34-57_864.jpg

Lastly, we went hunting:

Selling because i'm a gun nut and need funds for my next project of course:)

***Update*** rifle is for sale again, iron sights reinstalled. Price is $150 firm.

Thanks for looking.

Very freakin clever!!:cool: I liked a lot of things about these rifles as a SHTF/truck/burial tube gun but I was always hung up on the sighting arrangement. That Leupold looks great down low like that..........I gotta try this!!!....good luck with the sale!

This is still available.

trades i would consider (up, down, or straight across as it may be)

sks
ak's in 7.62x39
glocks in 9 or 40
bersa or cz's in 380
full stocked rifles (ruger rsi, cz 550 fs etc)
feel free to run anything else past me.

Thanks,
QB

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top