JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SAF, CCRKBA file FOI request for all Bloomy-MAIG records

The Bellevue-based Second Amendment Foundation and Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms today sent a Freedom of Information Law request to the office of New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, asking for all records relating to the Bloomberg administration’s involvement with Mayors Against Illegal Guns.

<broken link removed>

EARLIER:

You simply cannot make up this stuff!!!

==========================

Following weekend revelations that New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG) website is registered to a New York City government server and apparently administered by city employees, a Bellevue-based gun rights group wants New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman to investigate.

<broken link removed>

Bloomberg would have to get on a pretty long ladder just to be able to rise to the level of a dog turd in my mind. That guy is a serious pile of poop.

It appears that it is true that NYC Mayor Bloomberg's private political group, Mayors Against Illegal Guns has a website at MayorsAgainstIllegalGuns.org that is registered to the City of New York Department of Information Technology & Telecommunications (DoITT). It would appear that NYC government servers and employees are used to support this private political action committee.

The Network Solutions "WHOIS" listing for MayorsAgainstIllegalGuns.org shows the following information:

Registrant:
NYC DoITT
2 Metrotech Center
2nd Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
US

Domain Name: MAYORSAGAINSTILLEGALGUNS.ORG

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :
NYC DoITT
[email protected]
2 Metrotech Center
2nd Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
US
Phone: 718-403-8610

Record expires on 24-Apr-2014
Record created on 24-Apr-2006
Database last updated on 23-Dec-2008

Domain servers in listed order: Manage DNS

VWALL1A.NYC.GOV
VWALL2A.NYC.GOV
VWALL3A.NYC.GOV
VWALL4A.NYC.GOV

If this is true Bloomberg and his group are operating a private political group's web servers at NYC government expense. This is most probably a crime.

This was brought up on thetruthaboutguns.com over a month ago.

Not only does the WHOIS information show that the NY IT department registered the domain, but the actual servers hosting the MAIG websites are in the same netblock as the NYC web servers. That means that they are likely housed in the same exact building, and most likely the same room and same equipment rack. OR maybe even the same server itself, since most servers are virtualized these days - that means that a single server with serious horsepower runs several "virtual" machines simultaneously, each one appears as a unique computer to the software, even though they share the same set of hardware.

NSLOOKUP:
mayorsagainstillegalguns.org: 161.185.30.92
nyc.gov: 161.185.30.156

In technical terms, this is the IT equivalent of two men that appear to be identical twins, with the same last name, with the same birth day, with identically named parents, living on the same street just a few house numbers apart, and yet claiming that they are not related, nor have they ever met.

Not only that, but up until recently, a lot of the HTML/CSS files that comprise the MAIG website contained a few lines at the top of most of the files including a comment stating that the file was derived from the NYC government web site template. This has since been removed from many of the pages, apparently.

There's absolutely no way for Bloomberg or MAIG to deny that they are misusing government resources. They are caught red-handed, and there's no way out. Bloomberg's group cheaped-out on their IT infrastructure, and it may cost them their tax-exempt status.

To me, the worst part of it is their bloody arrogance. Its not hard to be sympatico with the French revolutionaires who extended the "replace before obsolescence" life cycle of the guillotine. You'll need hip waders to stay above the bodily fluids :angry:when enough becomes enough! Put these fascists behind bars.

Brutus Out

To me, the worst part of it is their bloody arrogance. Its not hard to be sympatico with the French revolutionaires who extended the "replace before obsolescence" life cycle of the guillotine. You'll need hip waders to stay above the bodily fluids :angry:when enough becomes enough! Put these fascists behind bars.

Brutus Out

Stay in, there, Brutus... It's getting better.
These guys just can't help themselves:

Bloomberg, MAIG now linked to questionable Nevada anti-gun lobbying effort

Anti-gun New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and his Mayors Against Illegal Guns are under new fire today after the New York Post and Politico reported that a “special counsel” to Bloomberg’s office was sent to Nevada to lobby gun policies, apparently on behalf of the MAIG group.

<broken link removed>

I can just hear Bloomy now...."Apres moi, le deluge" in the sense of the subjunctive concession ("after me, who cares" as opposed to the assertive affirmation "after me, the country will fall in chaos")

He seems to be so full of himself...

Let me guess what will happen next... One of Michael IT guy will commit suicide( shot himself in the back of the head), Mr.Dictator will put all the false on the death guy and walk away without any issue. Anyone want to bet?

Another story for the Illegal Mayors Against Guns club.

Keep us informed on this Dave. I would really like to know what becomes of it. Specifically what the potential legal ramifications could be.

NY will review documents, reply to SAF, CCRKBA by July 26

The office of the Public Advocate for the City of New York has advised two Washington-based gun rights groups seeking documents covering work between Mayor Michael Bloomberg's office and the Mayors Against Illegal Guns that it will review documents and respond to the groups' Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) request.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top