JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Jill:

Love the improvements. The parking lot is nice. The only thing that I could wish for, and I know it is a pipe dream, would be being able to do some actual self defense training so about 21 feet instead of 50. But I know that's as likely to happen as Michael Bloomberg going out and selling Double Gulps.

Just came in this week for my tour and joined the club. Looking forward to getting some range time in soon. I agree, it would be nice to have the option to shoot closer, but Derek took a lot of time explaining why that couldn't happen. Maybe some day the necessary improvements could be made to allow shooting at a closer distance. Until then, it'll just be nice to have a place to go that isn't an hour-plus drive from home.

Hey everyone...

Just another update on what has been going on at the gun club. Although it may not seem like it, we have done some real improvements.

We are going to install a tv in the lobby so the new members can see the orientation video. The new video was done by someone we know, who worked for a local tv station. It is really good. It is about 10-15 minutes or so. We are hoping to have the final product in the next couple of weeks. It took a lot longer than I thought it would, but it also looks way better than I thought it would. You would think 10-15 of video would be easy, but there was lighting and the script and the actors and the graphics and the doing it after hours so the members wouldn't be disturbed. I think Derek is going to miss doing the orientations, but the video makes the sign up process faster and we will only need one person there instead of two.

We also had Trevor redesign the whole website. It is really different. We are still editing a little here and there, but I really like it. If you have a chance, take a look and let us know what you think....

Just in case you forgot...(www.johnsoncreekgunclub.com):rolleyes:

Thanks,
Jill

I noticed last night that the timers for the ventilation system had been removed. So, does that mean it is just running continually now and we don't need to worry about them?

I noticed last night that the timers for the ventilation system had been removed. So, does that mean it is just running continually now and we don't need to worry about them?

Oops, I forgot about that. I guess it is because it was just finished last week and I haven't got the bill yet. :rolleyes: Anyway, we decided to make a change since there are shooters in the gun club that don't know to turn the ventilation system on, or they just forget. Also, you have to remember to turn it back on again. The way it works now is that the ventilation system is run by motion sensors. It automatically turns on when it senses motion and then after 10 minutes of not detecting any motion, it turns off. It should be a lot safer and easier for everyone this way. I hope everyone enjoys the upgrade. We really want to make the club an enjoyable experience for everyone.

Jill

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads