JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anchorage gun shop raises alarms over ATF records request

The operators of an Anchorage gun shop have ignited a small tempest in the wake of a request by an agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to make a copy of their bound volumes dating back to 2007.

<broken link removed>

I don't see what the big deal is with any of it. ATF asked for something and the owner said no! Sounds like a non-issue to me. But I only wasted 2 minutes on this so I could have missed something. Who raised the alarm?

Over at glocktalk there was someone that got a call from the ATF. They wanted to to see his gun collection and showed him of guns he had purchased that they wanted to see. Nothing came of this but shows that we have defacto registration. Makes me appreciate private sales.

BATF and expletives has been doing this since at least the mid 1980s.. ATF is 110% unconstitutional, 150% tyrannical, and needs to be completely eliminated, not merely curtailed

Anyone who thinks that the NICs checks are not being recorded is naive

I bought a gun at that shop a few years ago, bravo to those guys for keeping their records safe (out of the hands of the real criminals at the ATF)

The folks at that shop were always friendly, and they always had a pot of coffee ready to go. Good guys.

Rep. Young wants ATF explanation about AK records checks

Alaska Congressman Don Young today demanded to know why agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives have been asking gun shop owners in the 49th State for copies of their gun sales records.

<broken link removed>

In the 1980s a Cali gun shop owner told me they were coming in with copy machines and making copies of ALL the 4473s.. this is old news, we have been had, people

BATF and expletives has been doing this since at least the mid 1980s.. ATF is 110% unconstitutional, 150% tyrannical, and needs to be completely eliminated, not merely curtailed

Anyone who thinks that the NICs checks are not being recorded is naive

The ATF was originally set up after proabition to do one thing and one thing only. Collect the taxes from the revenue of "alcohol, tabacco, and firearms". When and who gave them law enforcement privliges? They have a very long track record. Remember "Ruby Ridge" and "Waco"?

The ATF was originally set up after proabition to do one thing and one thing only. Collect the taxes from the revenue of "alcohol, tabacco, and firearms". When and who gave them law enforcement privliges? They have a very long track record. Remember "Ruby Ridge" and "Waco"?

Unmoderated unhobbled governments simply "morph" towards tyranny.. it's a universal truth

Your answers might go something like this:
I am sorry officer, but I legally sold my guns to another citizen.
No, I did not keep a sales record.
No, you may not enter my home without a warrant.
Thank you and have a good day [close door].

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top