JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've had a magnet stuck to the underside of my car seat where I placed my previous handgun that held it up tight to the seat pan, which is the last thing from a flat surface, but for the size of gun I had at the time, it worked fine. My goal is out of sight, more so than security. Based in part on WA state's laws (vehicle locked and out of sight) but to also minimize the time I spent retrieving it, as well as to present ordinary behavior when entering my car (or, as happens often, to be driving away and realizing that I didn't retrieve it.) The magnet was a good solution because it was a 3/4" or so block that more or less stayed put on the seat pan and kept the firearm right up against the seat pan. The gun stuck to the face that was perpindicular to the seat pan. Only if you got down lower (not visible from outside the vehicle) could you see the butt.

I've recently upgraded the gun and it's a bit bigger, and the challenge of mounting it is more difficult now. The magnets I've seen out there place the gun's point of contact to the mount some distance away from the mounting surface, which is unacceptable, as well as the magnet's bracket needs a larger mounting surface than is available. Before I put together my own out of a piece of aluminum angle, double back tape (no room under there for a drill or most tools,) and some ring magnets, is anyone aware of any other solutions that might fit my needs and I most likely haven't come across already? All the magnetic solutions I've seen all appear to be so similar, and all not what I think I need. I'm not ruling out non-magnetic options, but I haven't found any other options that appealed to me. My seat pan has a lot of surface changes and has structure below the front area that prevents me from mounting a box, and since the seat goes up and down, that moving structure gap also presents a problem.

Ford Focus. No console worth discussing. I scratched that with the smaller gun a long time ago, after entertaining ideas of fabricating some sort of enclosure. The handbrake takes up all the space usable for anything else below the dinky armrest box.

You could try a Safariland QLS system with one of the safariland duty holsters.

Now that is very cool. Short on specifics, and it appears that the firearm and the mounting surface are some inch or so apart with all the components in between, which for my underseat application needs too large a flat surface. Food for thought, though. Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top