JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Get him!"

Those were the words Alek Skarlatos yelled when he saw a gunman emerge from a bathroom on a train traveling from Amsterdam to Paris, CNN reported. His words spurred his friends into action, stopping what could have been a horrific attack. Alek Skarlatos, a member of the Oregon National Guard, was one of three Americans who, with the help of a British man, saved possibly hundreds of passengers from being massacred.
http://heavy.com/news/2015/08/alek-...arines-gunman-massacre-hero-morocco-roseburg/

Spencer Stone was the U.S. Air Force serviceman injured while stopping what could have been a horrific attack on a high-speed train traveling from Amsterdam to Paris. He was one of three Americans who stopped the attacks. Reports vary about his injuries, some saying he was stabbed and others saying he took a bullet in the neck. French authorities said the would-be gunman had an AK rifle with nine clips.
http://heavy.com/news/2015/08/spenc...hotos-video-injured-injuries-american-marine/

Anthony Sadler was one of three Americans who stopped a terrorist attack on a train in Belgium. The train was headed from Amsterdam to Paris.
http://heavy.com/news/2015/08/antho...hotos-video-injured-injuries-american-marine/

A British man named Chris Norman also helped stop the attack, according to French reports.
http://www.itv.com/news/2015-08-22/men-describe-dramatic-moment-they-overpowered-train-gunman/

stream_img.jpg
Americans Anthony Sadler, Alek Skarlatos and Brit Chris Norman with medals from a local French Mayor
Spencer Stone was in the hospital been treated and also received a medal.

They are men. Men with principles. Completely unlike the spineless, emasculated, self-serving career politicians they work for. I'm proud that someone from my country has the guts to identify a threat, make decisions and then stand up to do the nasty work that sometimes just needs to get done.

Last Edited:
From what I read the one injured American was cut up with a box cutter while tackling the gunman. And they two servicemen beat im until he was unconcious while the brit helped tie him up.
Gave that coward an ol' fashioned American arse whooping.

I'm sure the spirits of long gone WW2 vets were saluting those men.
Many years pass, many men have been lost, but the bravery, sacrifice, and courage of American freedom will stomp out evil as long as there is a breath in their lungs.
Those men are heroes. Plain and simple.

Good Job guys! Soldier and Airmen make good and embarrass the French at the same time, its win / win ! :s0140:

My favorite quote so far .."Alek wrestles the gun away from him, and the gunman pulls out a box cutter and slices Spencer a few times. And the three of us beat him until he was unconscious.""

That was a kick rump job!

This is why you always train and are aware of your situation.

Lucky that the AK is reported to have jammed. The JAMAL decided he wanted to transition to a handgun. Which was disarmed. After that he resorted to a boxcutter...

That was a very good reaction. One never knows how bad that would have ended if proper force was applied.

Oh and to the goat lover.... Sucks to be you. Aloha Smack bar! #hajilife

A French actor was also injured, while going for the alarm.
Not all of them run away.

I saw the video of the US Ambassador and those 3 young men on TV this morning.

<broken link removed>

I was going to post something about that.
How bad are these black market guns an AK will jam.
They are supposed to fire no matter what.
Same with the Clackamas TC shooting hos AR jammed.

Thank God these people either mishandled their weapons or it was a gunked up piece of crap, or many more people would have been wounded or murdered.

I hope the active duty Air Force gent gets a purple heart.. if he has kids they'll go to college (a fine one) for free.
"While engaging an enemy of the United States" is how I think the clause reads.

I was going to post something about that.
How bad are these black market guns an AK will jam.
They are supposed to fire no matter what.
Same with the Clackamas TC shooting hos AR jammed.

Thank God these people either mishandled their weapons or it was a gunked up piece of crap, or many more people would have been wounded or murdered.
The scuffle could account for it. I wasn't
there.. but it might be hard to fire one with it jammed up yer butt or something.

The American service member said it had jammed when they ran up on him so it had malfunctioned before they even got to him.
It could have been a junk beat up ak or maybe the terrorist made it malfunction by being an idiot.

Or some heavenly intervention. Either way, bad guy lost.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top