JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This bug has been fixed.
Reactions
I was given a strike or what have you for not properly closing a thread (LOCKING IT)

I used my cell phone to access and post on this forum and dont always have the ability to access a desk top computer.

Using the cell phone there is NOT an option to lock the thread, it would be nice if the mods werent so happy to give report cards and just close the thread and maybe a nice PM saying hey you didnt close the thread properly heres what we expect and heres how to do it, dont worry i got it for you this time and maybe i would have the opportunity to respond with sorry but my cell phone doesnt give me the option. but instead the mod found it necessary to add a strike to me account which has been around since like 08' happy 8 year anniversary to me.

heres a screen shot

Capture.PNG

I received the same warning over the weekend and I use a phone as well. Then the mod closed it. It seemed a bit harsh as I noted in the thread that the item was sold, I changed the prefix for the thread and asked that it be closed.

I moderate on two forums (vehicle related) and we do not give forum members the ability to close threads. That is an action reserved for staff so I am not used to closing threads on a forum where I am not part of the staff.

Just sayin'...it would have been nice to get a PM reminding me vs. an infraction as a first action.

I received the same warning over the weekend and I use a phone as well. Then the mod closed it. It seemed a bit harsh as I noted in the thread that the item was sold, I changed the prefix for the thread and asked that it be closed.

I moderate on two forums (vehicle related) and we do not give forum members the ability to close threads. That is an action reserved for staff so I am not used to closing threads on a forum where I am not part of the staff.

Just sayin'...it would have been nice to get a PM reminding me vs. an infraction as a first action.
Worded much better than my deleted post this morning.

it really doesnt matter what thing it is. its more of how your treat someone. i wrote the mod and explained this over a week ago and didnt receive a message back or the infraction. i cant believe i am even writing infraction removed.

Sir you didnt lock your thread bend over and grab your ankles!!!!!!

it really doesnt matter what thing it is. its more of how your treat someone. i wrote the mod and explained this over a week ago and didnt receive a message back or the infraction. i cant believe i am even writing infraction removed.

Sir you didnt lock your thread bend over and grab your ankles!!!!!!

I get all that, I do... Look I have one too....I got 3!
12.jpg

I guess what I don't understand is the outrage. You have 422 posts, most of which looks to be in the B/S/T section. That's like 53 times a year give or take, you post buying or selling or trading etc.

Is 2 warning points for you not deleting an add that you were supposed to, worth the anger?

And it DOES matter "what thing it is", how are they supposed to fix it if no one says anything?

Apparently we all look at this from different perspectives and that's perfectly fine. I'm not outraged at all but still find the action taken a bit excessive.

In any event, I'm putting that all behind me and moving on to other subjects at hand.

@SA Shooter your a better man than me, id rather have my account removed than let that ridiculous stick after all 'misuse of the classifieds is prohibited'. by the title of the infraction you would think i was promoting the second coming of hale bopp and heavens gate

Still looking into this guys. Which devices are you using?
joey its not the device. i dont care if i cant use the forum to post via my cell phone (samsung 7) id rather get an apology from the mod or an explanation on why he thought it was ok to treat a founding member in the manner. maybe im asking too much but im still pissed

joey its not the device. i dont care if i cant use the forum to post via my cell phone (samsung 7) id rather get an apology from the mod or an explanation on why he thought it was ok to treat a founding member in the manner. maybe im asking too much but im still pissed

He didn't make the rule or set the reminder policy, I did. Reminders are there for exactly that, to remind members of our rules and procedures (rather than a ban-first policy as some forums have). There's no need to take offense.

If the rule needs to be changed then we'll consider that, but first we need to figure out why it's not working. I can do it from my iPhone, so it's possible it is device related.

by the way its been confirmed by others that threads can not be closed using cellphones yet i still have a reminder that i have misused and done prohibited actions on my account.

so its considered misuse and prohibited of the classifieds to not close your thread properly by mistake?

by the way its been confirmed by others that threads can not be closed using cellphones yet i still have a reminder that i have misused and done prohibited actions on my account.

It is misuse, as we ask that sold threads be closed. If one is unable to close a thread that is a technical issue out of a person's control, so that would not be a violation. Once we determine the cause and fix the issue we'll address the reminders people received, but I need time to do so.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top