JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That, Black Friday, was one of those "things" I never for the life of me could understand. Love of my life used to set out every time with a couple sisters to join the mobs at these things.
I went one time, long ago. Needed a couple laptops for the big day. Waited till about 12 noon, thinking crowd would be gone. It was one of those years econ was in toilet. Best Buy was so packed I was shocked fire was not telling them they could not let any more in. No one seemed to be buying anything. I found the laptops and had some sales person at my elbow in seconds. I point at one ask "have any?". He came back said yes I said give me 2. He looked shocked a second and off he goes. Took longer to get to the check outs in front through the crowd than the check out. I could not for the life of me figure out why some were sitting in line hour's before the damn thing opened that morning. That was the last time for me.
I did that once at Fry's - swore I would never do it again.

Then last year did it to get a ham - a friggin' ham - at Honey Baked Ham.

Never again - never - absolutely friggin' never! :s0117::s0054:

I went to Black Friday once just to see. Waited in line for probably an hour and the disappointment was crushing. Did it once, got it out of my system. The whole time I was thinking what a soft target the crowd is. Same thing with a street festival at night. Blinding lights surrounding the majority of the crowd, couldn't see out but if one was out, they could easily see in. I don't go to such events any more. I like not being a statistic.

Black Fridays Matter.

I only went once, to mock the whole ordeal... pretending to hyperventilate over the price of some DVD players, I got the other shoppers laughing. I rrrrreally wanted to "Super Market Sweep" items into a cart, but that would have been too much. (DVD players and Super Market Sweep... lol... damn I'm old)

Edit: I forgot, later that morning I went to Sears (attached to a mall, even!) and found an awesome tool box on sale. No one was at Sears, they were all crowding the electronics stores for the cut rate crap.

-Robert

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads