JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hand guns should be legalised and licensed, Nigel Farage has said...

The Ukip leader says the ban on the guns, which were made illegal in the wake of the Dunblane shooting, was a "kneejerk" reaction and should be lifted.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...lised-and-licensed-Nigel-Farage-has-said.html

Of course, Farage is being painted as a lunatic by those now in charge, but their own words prove his point:

Peter Squires, professor of criminology at Brighton University and a member of Association of Police Officer's advisory group on the criminal use of fire arms said that Mr Farage's comments were "irresponsible".

He said: "If public safety is a consideration then it's a particularly stupid thing to say. It opens up the problem that we have almost dealt with successfully."

Almost?

"...the problem with hand guns is that they are small and concealable and they are already the weapon of choice of gangs members and criminals."

That being the case? Who is it that has been disarmed? The UK has a higher overall violent crime rate than the US.

Living in a country which has even banned butcher knives, he faces an uphill battle, not unlike dog with a paper butt on the sun.
You have to admire the courage it must take to take a stand like that in their political environment.

I was having a conversation with a friend from the UK about this very subject the other day, the elephant in the room was the fact that most of the criminals were armed with sub machineguns, not just handguns. So after they banned the handguns, the streets of manchester ran so thick with blood from gang warfare the government asked the media to stop reporting on it, as it made their gun ban agenda look stupid.

The UK is a bizarre place I hope to never go there... But I keep hearing the central african republic is nice this time of year.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top