JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Military jumped right on this one, damn!

Don't blame them, I personally have been waiting for this cartridge for a long time. Its attributes fix a lot of issues that weren't solved as well by the 5.56, 224V, 6.8 SPC or the 6.5G. Not sure why they included the 308 in their comparision (to me it is a Apples and Orange thing, and if you do then why not include the Creeds?) Any ho, In Hornady's own words:

What Sets the 6mm ARC Apart? Here is a Cartridge Comparison:

308 Win

• The 6mm ARC delivers substantially less recoil allowing shooters to spot their own shots.
• The AR-15 platform features a higher magazine capacity.
• The 6mm ARC offers a 30 to 35% lighter-weight package (gun and ammo).

223/5.56
• The 6mm ARC achieves substantially better ballistics than the 223/5.56. It delivers less drop, less wind deflection and the ability to shoot accurate groups at much greater distance (1000+ yds).

224 Valkyrie
• The 6mm ARC gives hunters the ability to successfully hunt varmints and deer.
• The 6mm ARC produces a larger splash signature that allows shooters to self-spot impacts and make rapid adjustments.

6.5 Grendel
• The 6mm ARC delivers comparable performance from a wider assortment of bullets, making it a more versatile choice.

6.8 SPC
• The 6mm ARC has more match bullet options and is a better long-range performer.

Don't just take their word on it. You can read all about it yourself:

So the magizines are eh. Could of seen that coming. They should have worked with lwrci. Their six8 platform would probably be better suited to be modified for a cartridge that thick then a standard ar15 would

Welp, I guess I'll just have to throw my .223's, 5.56mm's, .308's and 7.62mm NATO's in the trash pile. They're done.

Lol. Yep they're obsolete and irrevealant now. You might need to sell them before you lose even more value. PM me

Seriously though, It does work for a whole lot of stuff, and using these from CBB makes it even more versatile:

I am actually pretty stoked, a factory 6 for the AR15. I think Hornady did a pretty good job with it too.

I'd love to see the numbers.....
Assuming that issued ammo will be, BALL AMMO. How much (anticipated) per round costs vs what we got now. And versus the alternative calibers in contention.

Not to mention.....wounding/killing characteristics. Using that ball ammo. While you're at it run some accuracy tests.

Yes, I saw that the article showed us BTHP and maybe another round. Really, what's the point if it won't be the standard bullet?

Not to mention the testing platform was using a long barrel. So, what does the military intend on using?

Aloha, Mark

Sounds like the 6mm WOA, except for parent cartridge.

Yes indeedy, lots of 6mm Wildcats for the AR. The WOA is close to ARP's 6mm Tac both of them use the 6.8 case. I think the 6PDK uses the 6.8 too. Been close on buying a 6 Tac a few times, ARP's Predator has more bubblegum though.

The Arp 6mm Predator is ARPs 6mm that is in the 220/PPC/Grendel family like the ARC and the 6AR Clan: 6mm AR/6mm AR, Turbo 40 Improved, 6mm Rat/6mm FatRat, 6mm Grinch...

The ARC and Predator are really close, the big difference is the 6 ARC's shoulder is back a smidge for a negligable loss of 20fps over the Predator. Guess I am gonna get to see how well it runs this Christmas. That ought to give Magpul time to perfect the magazines.

I'll keep my 6.5G. I view 123 gn to 130 gn bullets to be the lower end for larger deer. I would like to see the 30 Remington AR revisited but with the actual 450 bushmaster case used instead modified like Remington did.

I'll keep my 6.5G. I view 123 gn to 130 gn bullets to be the lower end for larger deer. I would like to see the 30 Remington AR revisited but with the actual 450 bushmaster case used instead modified like Remington did.
123gr ELD-M in 6.5 grendel is good for mule deer. i put down a nice 3x4 buck from 420 yards this year in 1 shot with that round.

@ v0lcom13sn0w & quneur Yep the 6.5 G works!

America's favorite 6mm the .243 Win, has been also been killing Muley Bucks, so far for 65 years. So I have included it vs the 123gr 6.5 G too. Nice shot BTW.

Thinking I will be more of a fan of hunting with handloaded CBB bullets, but all these compared below are tailor-made hunters from Hornady using their numbers to keep the comparison standardized. The CBB MKZ is separate, with data derived from Hornady's standard caIculator. I used a 2975 fps velocity via handloading.

1591656071269.png

All numbers are from a 24 inch barrel.

The Cavity Back 6mm/.243 MKZ Match Grade Projectiles - 92 grain premium hunting bullet.
Expands over 2.5x caliber, full expansion is .610 in gel and game.

Suited to 6mm/.243 calibers including the 6mmAR , 243 Winchester, 6x6.8, 6mm Creedmoor etc.

G1 Ballistic Coefficient - .470
Handloaded to 2975 fps

RNG V E T
0 2975 1828 -1.5
100 2774 1589 1.5
200 2583 1377 0
300 2399 1188 -6.7
400 2223 1020 -19.5

500 2054 871 -39.4

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show