JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Plenty of old office buildings,motels, hotels, malls, and the like that could be converted to condos/experimental villages :rolleyes:
I have heard this is already happening and I am sure there will be a LOT more. Malls are dying off. One of the side effects of this hoax is a LOT of companies found they could have people work from home. That means a LOT of VERY expensive commercial space will no longer be needed. A LOT of the small business that was forced to shut down will go under and never come back. So that space will now sit empty. Money talks and the owners will get "creative" to find use for the building that are sitting empty.

I have heard this is already happening and I am sure there will be a LOT more. Malls are dying off. One of the side effects of this hoax is a LOT of companies found they could have people work from home. That means a LOT of VERY expensive commercial space will no longer be needed. A LOT of the small business that was forced to shut down will go under and never come back. So that space will now sit empty. Money talks and the owners will get "creative" to find use for the building that are sitting empty.
My brother and I were looking at retail spaces for lease but it looks like the majority is between $9 per sq ft (for 10,000sq ft or bigger) and $250 per sq ft (smaller spaces) per year 🤔 so we are like screw it, we're sticking with what works so far.. right now though, we have a booth at Engleberg Antiques in Salem, and a possible space up in Lebanon at their vendor/flea market space.

Edit. We're looking more for small thrift store type spaces that we can actually afford :rolleyes: it does look like a lot more small thrift stores are just about gone and done :(

3D printed houses to the rescue! Woot!

House can be printed up in 2 Days with 3 workers, cost 50% less, and the printer is fully programmable so you can customize what you want. Better yet, the house will be made of concrete, it'll be very resistant to fire, flood, wind and bullets.

I'm thinking of having my next property printed by this company.

3D printed houses to the rescue! Woot!

House can be printed up in 2 Days with 3 workers, cost 50% less, and the printer is fully programmable so you can customize what you want. Better yet, the house will be made of concrete, it'll be very resistant to fire, flood, wind and bullets.

I'm thinking of having my next property printed by this company.

Could they do custom mixtures? Say add aluminum oxide and silicon powder.... ? ;) if anything, I'd like at least NIJ Level 4 protection rated walls :p lol

Could they do custom mixtures? Say add aluminum oxide and silicon powder.... ? ;) if anything, I'd like at least NIJ Level 4 protection rated walls :p lol
If you can afford it, they probably can. I've seen an online video where the military showcased a living brick that is 3D printed, it breathes in CO2 and returns calcium carbonate to repair itself.

The 3D printed walls are double walled with a hollow interior between the 2 walls, so you can put in your armor plating there if you want to, the house is basically concrete so it should be able to support the weight. Or you can have them print you a pyramid shaped house with slanted wall that will be a lot thicker than straight walls, similar to how armor on tanks are slanted. It'll take a lot of firepower to shoot through you house and many rounds will be deflected due to the angle. :D

If you can afford it, they probably can. I've seen an online video where the military showcased a living brick that is 3D printed, it breathes in CO2 and returns calcium carbonate to repair itself.

The 3D printed walls are double walled with a hollow interior between the 2 walls, so you can put in your armor plating there if you want to, the house is basically concrete so it should be able to support the weight. Or you can have them print you a pyramid shaped house with slanted wall that will be a lot thicker than straight walls, similar to how armor on tanks are slanted. It'll take a lot of firepower to shoot through you house and many rounds will be deflected due to the angle. :D
Sort of like this museum/monument in Bosnia and Herzegovina highlands? 1623880824867.jpg

Black Rock will own all 5 million when the economy fails, today not many can buy a new home.
5 million what? Acres? Sq ft? Houses? (Only 5 million for 400+ million? I have doubts)

Edit (sees thread title) oh. oh.. My bad. Only 5 million more housing "units"? Aren't there plenty of run down motels and old houses,.particularly in Detroit, Portland, and the like that could use a fresh coat of paint? :s0140:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads