JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glad I went to privat schools from 1st grade to senior year!

As much as I foam about the public schools it's far from all "their fault". The problem is kids now are just passed along no matter what. There is learning there if the kids want it. Problem is many do not. Yet they are handed a diploma and sent off into the world.
I went back to college again around 2010. They could find NOTHING of my high school records. I was a waste of time in HS. At 16 the law could not force me to go any more and an administrator took me aside. Offered me a (at that time new thing) alternative school. I went one day a week and had a full time job. Excelled is an understatement. At the end took a GED to grad. and never looked back. Flash forward, they could find no records that the school ever existed. So no problem take another GED. Took a pre test. It showed I may or may not squeak by. It was harder than I remembered. So signed up for a refresher course. Met several mornings a week. After that I was able to pass with super scores. What it made me think is a VERY large percentage of the kids I see with a diploma would never stand a chance of passing it. Some of them can not really read or write. Many have zero idea of history, English, or math. A LOT of this is the home. Parents who take zero interest in what the kids are doing in school. Unless the snowflakes get in trouble of course. Then parents march down and make threats and scream. So kids are passed along whether they learn anything or not.

As much as I foam about the public schools it's far from all "their fault". The problem is kids now are just passed along no matter what. There is learning there if the kids want it. Problem is many do not. Yet they are handed a diploma and sent off into the world.
I went back to college again around 2010. They could find NOTHING of my high school records. I was a waste of time in HS. At 16 the law could not force me to go any more and an administrator took me aside. Offered me a (at that time new thing) alternative school. I went one day a week and had a full time job. Excelled is an understatement. At the end took a GED to grad. and never looked back. Flash forward, they could find no records that the school ever existed. So no problem take another GED. Took a pre test. It showed I may or may not squeak by. It was harder than I remembered. So signed up for a refresher course. Met several mornings a week. After that I was able to pass with super scores. What it made me think is a VERY large percentage of the kids I see with a diploma would never stand a chance of passing it. Some of them can not really read or write. Many have zero idea of history, English, or math. A LOT of this is the home. Parents who take zero interest in what the kids are doing in school. Unless the snowflakes get in trouble of course. Then parents march down and make threats and scream. So kids are passed along whether they learn anything or not.
LOL, maybe the standardized high school graduation test should be the GED. Hey,,, maybe it should. o_O

I passed mine with honors, dropped out of HS for free college and got my HSD while taking college courses... lol the system. I wanted more education, I didn't find that at community college. Part of the problem is that there aren't enough teachers to help the entire class. Classrooms should be 20 students max, instead they cram 32 into a room simply because they can't fit more desks with the space given...
Too bad our government isn't focusing on education and is stuck debating CCW's, but that's a different thread...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top