JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With the E.R. Shaw barrel kits, you get what's in the package. With Pac-Nor, you can choose alot more options, like barrel profile, length and twist rate. Now, I only have experience with the E.R. Shaw, and the quality seems to be great, but Pac-Nor is generally excepted as a higher quality barrel. Personally, if this build is intended to be a woods gun, a hunting gun, I would be happy with the E.R. Shaw barrel kit, as long as it fit what I wanted as far as length and profile. If I was building a bench rifle, I'd go with the Pac-Nor, or Shillen or McGowan, or Brux or Douglas or one of the other higher end barrel manufacturers.

That makes perfect sense. This is in fact a brush/woods/hunting gun. In the end, it's a $500 rifle/scope package. I'm very happy to get a .308 Savage with an Accu-Trigger and a Nikon scope for $500, but that doesn't change what it is. If this were a $2,000 rifle, those extra dollars for a barrel that allows you too customize it to EXACTLY what you want make sense.

Someday, someday I will have a fine custom rifle(Charlie Sisk? Kenny Jarett? Something like that.) that I spared no expense for. At this point, I can't get past the 6-8 good rifles I can get for one custom. Someday it will happen.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top