JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With the E.R. Shaw barrel kits, you get what's in the package. With Pac-Nor, you can choose alot more options, like barrel profile, length and twist rate. Now, I only have experience with the E.R. Shaw, and the quality seems to be great, but Pac-Nor is generally excepted as a higher quality barrel. Personally, if this build is intended to be a woods gun, a hunting gun, I would be happy with the E.R. Shaw barrel kit, as long as it fit what I wanted as far as length and profile. If I was building a bench rifle, I'd go with the Pac-Nor, or Shillen or McGowan, or Brux or Douglas or one of the other higher end barrel manufacturers.

That makes perfect sense. This is in fact a brush/woods/hunting gun. In the end, it's a $500 rifle/scope package. I'm very happy to get a .308 Savage with an Accu-Trigger and a Nikon scope for $500, but that doesn't change what it is. If this were a $2,000 rifle, those extra dollars for a barrel that allows you too customize it to EXACTLY what you want make sense.

Someday, someday I will have a fine custom rifle(Charlie Sisk? Kenny Jarett? Something like that.) that I spared no expense for. At this point, I can't get past the 6-8 good rifles I can get for one custom. Someday it will happen.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top