JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The hospital made a pretty decent spread today. The wife and i had turkey, stuffing, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy and then pumpkin pie. My parents also brought us some stuff.

Hope you all are having a good one. I'm thinking we'll be on the way home soon!!!

I didn't see the other thread until just now, congratulations daddy!!!

I've been deep frying turkeys for quite a while. Once I pull it out of the fryer, I pack it up and head to my sister's place about 4-5 miles away. I never think of getting a picture of the bird before we eat.
This is what it looks like while it's cooking.:D
Fryin.jpg
This gathering is smaller than it used to be, but these are very important people.
family at Thanksgiving.jpg

I think it was a success.
dead bird.jpg

Google can give you a list of Chinese restaurants in your area that are currently open. Just sayin', if, you know, you were trying for a 'less well done' turkey (or whatever that poor carcass was).
The picture was just for kicks:p. I did eat out this year.

I only got one food photo today - I grabbed a shot of the green bean dish I made. No cream of mushroom soup here. Fresh green beans, onions and bacon. Onions are sautéed in bacon fat while green beans are steamed. Then add the beans to the sauté pan and finish cooking with the onions. Toss in some cooked bacon, season with salt and pepper and serve. They loved it!

53299A8E-A6F0-4D0C-85A4-C011B15555F8.jpeg

Last Edited:
I didn't get but one food photo today - I grabbed a shot of the green bean dish I made. No cream of mushroom soup here. Fresh green beans, onions and bacon. Onions are sautéed in bacon fat while green beans are steamed. Then add the beans to the sauté pan and finish cooking with the onions. Toss in some cooked bacon, season with salt and pepper and serve. They loved it!

View attachment 407585

Those look amazing, I was not a Vegtable guy for a long time but I am now and those look delicious!

The dinner was set to all be done at one time...

Fresh cranberries:

IMG_2130.JPG

Mashed taters and corn:

IMG_2133.JPG

The turkey:

IMG_2131.JPG
Doesn't look great in the pic but it was slow cooked in a mostly sealed environment so it was falling of the bone and juicy.

I bailed on the upside down device for fear of it cooking too fast and the kids BF liked it as much as his dads - onion, garlic, sage, mushrooms, celery, Apple, lemon, mandarin orange, and a touch of orange juice went together for the stuffing.

Took this pic just before I started carving the bird:

IMG_2132.JPG

And then something happened that I've never seen Pyrex do...:(

IMG_2134.JPG

IMG_2136.JPG

IMG_2135.JPG

It literally exploded into a billion pieces and threw glass shards in a 10' radius...

I still have glass in my foot.

Put a dampener on the evening but we ate and picked up after dinner.

This one was memorable but not in all the good ways lol.

Fresh cranberries:

View attachment 407591

Mashed taters and corn:

View attachment 407594

The turkey:

View attachment 407592
Doesn't look great in the pic but it was slow cooked in a mostly sealed environment so it was falling of the bone and juicy.

I bailed on the upside down device for fear of it cooking too fast and the kids BF liked it as much as his dads - onion, garlic, sage, mushrooms, celery, Apple, lemon, mandarin orange, and a touch of orange juice went together for the stuffing.

View attachment 407593

View attachment 407595

View attachment 407598

View attachment 407597

It literally exploded into a billion pieces and threw glass shards in a 10' radius...

It's rare, but Pyrex can do that. Usually rapid temp changes, especially taking a hot dish and letting it touch a cold surface. Glad there were no major injuries. I've never had Pyrex do that myself, hope I never do. Bummer about your sweet potatoes.

Fresh cranberries:

View attachment 407591

Mashed taters and corn:

View attachment 407594

The turkey:

View attachment 407592

View attachment 407593

View attachment 407595

View attachment 407598

View attachment 407597

There was a damp spot under the Pyrex when you set it down! It will happen every time, and it only takes a few drops of liquid!

Everyone be extremely cautious when handling hot Pyrex.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top