Defensive Arts
J&B Firearm Sales
Sporting Systems
Oregon Rifleworks
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Low Price Guns
RifleClass.com
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Trying to determine price on a 1938-1940 Fox/Savage Model B 12ga

Reactions
I got this shotgun in trade several years ago without much information beyond "it's old" and "it's great for ducks". It's not a safe queen; it looks like it spent most of its life as a utility gun in SE Alaska, although there's no rust and what I think is a fine looking patina. The wood finish is worn, but overall it looks good in my eyes.

According to this site (https://www.gunvaluesboard.com/fox-model-b-shotguns-2783.html) the gun was manufactured between 1938 and 1940. It is marked Utica, NY and has a serial number with a "B" prefix, which makes it part of a pre-introduction limited run.

Does anybody here have an idea of the value of this shotgun? Any insight is appreciated.

Thank you!

AndyinEverson

Reactions
  • Army
  • Law Around Here
The biggest trouble with many older fixed choke shotguns is that they are not okay to use with steel shot...so...
No matter what the books or internet says as to "value" , they can be a tough sell for many folks.

Value can also be vastly different from place to place...
How much this gun is worth where I live , may be different where you live.

How tight the action is...
What shape the bore is in....
Any dent or dings in the barrels...
Some folks like patina...some do not...
Condition of the stock...especially at the wrist , tang and the heel and toe of the stock....
Extractors or ejectors...
Single or double triggers...
Chokes...
All of the above will play a role in placing value to your gun.
Andy

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rapid Fire Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place friendly service always take time to help you, great knowledge of products
    • RJSouth
  • Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Perfect install of peep sight on my cz 527 carbine. Price was right, was expecting it to be more. Will be my go to for anything I can't handle...
    • cd90caprice
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been party to a couple transactions with Steve and he is a great guy to deal with.
    • titsonritz
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Purchased two handguns there and have one on consignment now nice folks!
    • rl280
  • Northwest Armory - Tigard
    5.00 star(s)
    Went in to help my buddy with his purchase and ended up trading in a 1911 towards a CZ SP-01 Tactical. They gave a higher price that some of the...
    • nosbocaj

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS