JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got this shotgun in trade several years ago without much information beyond "it's old" and "it's great for ducks". It's not a safe queen; it looks like it spent most of its life as a utility gun in SE Alaska, although there's no rust and what I think is a fine looking patina. The wood finish is worn, but overall it looks good in my eyes.

According to this site (https://www.gunvaluesboard.com/fox-model-b-shotguns-2783.html) the gun was manufactured between 1938 and 1940. It is marked Utica, NY and has a serial number with a "B" prefix, which makes it part of a pre-introduction limited run.

Does anybody here have an idea of the value of this shotgun? Any insight is appreciated.

Thank you!

The biggest trouble with many older fixed choke shotguns is that they are not okay to use with steel shot...so...
No matter what the books or internet says as to "value" , they can be a tough sell for many folks.

Value can also be vastly different from place to place...
How much this gun is worth where I live , may be different where you live.

How tight the action is...
What shape the bore is in....
Any dent or dings in the barrels...
Some folks like patina...some do not...
Condition of the stock...especially at the wrist , tang and the heel and toe of the stock....
Extractors or ejectors...
Single or double triggers...
Chokes...
All of the above will play a role in placing value to your gun.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top