JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been kind "meh" on most shooting for a while, with few exceptions, so in the mood to try some new things. Sporting clays looks ever so neat-o. Inquiries:

1. Where to engage in said in southern Oregon (or thereabouts). (I have a new friend in the Grants Pass area, so will be there more in coming time. But whichever direction.)
  2. Recommendations on a starter shotgun in the sport? A better one for later if hip to the said?
Thanks!

Last Edited:
I'm wanting to try this as well, might be a bit of a drive for you but Creswell Clays is between Creswell and Cottage Grove on old 99. I'm just going to use my Browning BPS.

I started shooting trap with my grandson this year and really enjoy shooting a few rounds. It's nothing I'd ever had much interest in before and started because it's another thing we can do together. His trap team taught him a couple of games for trap style and we really enjoy one of those. He shot sporting clays once at Redmond already and I'm looking forward to a chance to do the same. Looks like a lot of fun to me.
He's shooting a Tri-Star over/under and I have a Stoeger Condor O/U. Nothing fancy, but good field guns that work well.

5 stand or just known as Clays, was a highly enjoyable weekly thing I used to do back in Nevada. We had a nice range, Sage Hills, that unfortunately closed. While it was open it was a lot of fun shooting five stand. Five stand is just as the name implies. There are five stands, that you will have to shoot one to many clays from various different throwers.

For sporting a nice over under will work nicely. They range from 600 to 6000.

Five stand usually folks shot semis due to some stages having 2-4 clays. Kind of the same deal as the over under as to price.

I haven't really had the desire to get back into to it as of lately, but I imagine I might in time!

Enjoy the new adventure!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads