JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Trump is not a gun guy.
He tries to understand but falls short. [Billionaires have people with guns. Not just guns.] :D

What he has done for gun rights is his appointment of conservative supreme court judges.
They understand Gun rights.

One more and we may never need to worry about Kate, or any other state laws. ;)

Trump is not a gun guy.
He tries to understand but falls short. [Billionaires have people with guns. Not just guns.] :D

What he has done for gun rights is his appointment of conservative supreme court judges.

Thats very wishful thinking. It shouldn't matter who's on SCOTUS but since they're not taking gun cases anyway local politics still matter more.

Personally, more gun activist in Oregon need to register as democrats, the major party and primary out these super leftist. That, unfortunately is the system we have.

I am curious as to how broad the language will be and if it will lead to enhanced trigger system and the likes. Disappointed he pushed for this, hopefully it will be struck down in a court of law....

Thats very wishful thinking. It shouldn't matter who's on SCOTUS but since they're not taking gun cases anyway local politics still matter more.

Personally, more gun activist in Oregon need to register as democrats, the major party and primary out these super leftist. That, unfortunately is the system we have.

Now we have a majority that can choose to take gun cases. We did not have that before Trump.

Trump is not a gun guy.

That's where we're different, as I disagree that Trump has done anything for gun rights. He's about to implement more gun control measures in 2 years, than 0bama did in his 8 years as president. Speaking of the first two years in office, 0bama actually signed 2 laws expanding gun rights (National Park carry and allowing gun in checked baggage on Amtrak), however small they were. Trump has signed zero laws and has only proposed gun control laws since being in office (BGC for all, taking guns without due process, raising the age limit to buy guns, told Reps not to send reciprocity bill to senate and not to mention stabbing the NRA in the back).

Until SCOTUS actually take a 2A case, Trumps 2 appointments to the court count for zero. Speaking of the 2 "Justices";
  • Gorsuch appears like a solid 2A pick, especially when he joined Justice Thomas' dissent from denial to hear Peruta. That really doesn't mean anything, as appearances can be deceiving: Like Trump saying that he's pro 2A, despite his history of anti-gun behavior and the Republicans main campaign promise for 6 years that they would repeal of 0bama care, but when they had the ability, they refused to do so.
  • To me, Kavanaugh doesn't even appear as good as Gorsuch, even though he wrote a dissent against an anti-gun law. As I implied in this thread No Mystery to Supreme Court Nominee Kavanaugh's Gun Views, he's going to have to prove himself before I trust him.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate a lot of Trump's policies, but will never believe that he's pro 2A, until, at a minimum, the HPA, reciprocity has been signed by him and he has taken military bases from the list of gun free zones.

Ray

Guess my original instincts were correct and Trump proved to be a politician afterall.. Cannot believe it.. Still better than Hillary, who would have sought banning just about everything. Like her buddy Trudeau I am sure she would say that the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with owning handguns or semi-auto weapons, its all about muskets..

Of course, as I have always told people, the Republican party use to be every bit as anti-gun, if not more than the Democrat party. It was Republican politicians, such as Ford, Reagan, HW Bush, Giuliani (Bloomberg's buddy and Mayor Against Gun member) etc who were some of the staunchest advocates for gun bans and pushing for gun control. The AWB of the 90s would have never been able to see the light of day if it wasn't for the efforts of Reagan and Bush..

All Trump, should do when it comes to gun rights is watch this video to see the kinda morons he is
trying to have a logical conversation with, and compromise with.

Trump Trump Trump, better look at your pals the NRA when it comes to the bump stock ban not Trump

The preemptive surrender monkeys of the NRA asked for the ATF to regulate bump-fire stocks as National Firearms Act items. They asked for this as nearly the entire politico-media industrial complex was saying that bump-fire stocks turn semiautomatic rifles into machineguns.

And just in case it wasn't clear enough, the NRA told them: "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

Does that language sound familiar?

What type of NFA item did the NRA think the ATF would call them? I recall when the NRA helped draft a city "assault weapon ban" and similarly claimed they were preventing something worse. It didn't. And the NRA version even banned SKSs with fixed ten-round magazines.

Capitulating on "bump-fire stocks turn guns into machineguns" before anyone even entered a bill merely signalled to the gun control crowd that they're fair game, and open season. It told their pet RINOs that they would not be held responsible for human/civil rights infringement. Semiauto ban bills were then entered.

The NRA claims there could have been an amnesty for existing bump-fire stocks, as provided for in the Gun Control Act of 1968, and gives an example from 1981. Apparently they completely forgot their complicity in the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986 that completely closed off any possible amnesty for anything built or imported after the May 1986 deadline. (For that matter, the NRA was complicit in the NFA, claiming it would have been worse without them caving on militia grade weapons for militia members.)

yall have Trump tramua

Trump Trump Trump, better look at your pals the NRA when it comes to the bump stock ban not Trump

The preemptive surrender monkeys of the NRA asked for the ATF to regulate bump-fire stocks as National Firearms Act items. They asked for this as nearly the entire politico-media industrial complex was saying that bump-fire stocks turn semiautomatic rifles into machineguns.

And just in case it wasn't clear enough, the NRA told them: "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

What type of NFA item did the NRA think the ATF would call them? I recall when the NRA helped draft a city "assault weapon ban" and similarly claimed they were preventing something worse. It didn't. And the NRA version even banned SKSs with fixed ten-round magazines.

Capitulating on "bump-fire stocks turn guns into machineguns" before anyone even entered a bill merely signalled to the gun control crowd that they're fair game, and open season. It told their pet RINOs that they would not be held responsible for human/civil rights infringement. Semiauto ban bills were then entered.

The NRA claims there could have been an amnesty for existing bump-fire stocks, as provided for in the Gun Control Act of 1968, and gives an example from 1981. Apparently they completely forgot their complicity in the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986 that completely closed off any possible amnesty for anything built or imported after the May 1986 deadline. (For that matter, the NRA was complicit in the NFA, claiming it would have been worse without them caving on militia grade weapons for militia members.)

yall have Trump tramua

THIS. plus......

People need to WTFU, the NRA has a very very long tradition of GUN Control, Even our Local OFF has lets things slide right on by.When I say long, lets just try the beginning, when NRA presidents said people should not be allowed to carry around guns.
If floors me that all these gun owners will take time to ensure the 2nd Amendment says what it means and then we all support it. But when it comes to Lobbies like OFF and the NRA, its a I don't care what they do, I love and support them. If people looked at the NRA and OFF as close as they would the 2nd Amendment, I am sure they would see things are never as they appears. Now in this case OFF did not support the Bump Ban, but they sure watched SB941 slide by when intervention was right at their doorstep.
I am not sure if gun owners will ever wake up and see the big picture. :confused:

yall have Trump tramua
FULL-ATF.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews