JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After stopping by Curts Discount Shooting Supply, while in the Oregon recently, I made the mistake of looking through a TA31F. Drooling after looking through the glass, I felt a sharp twinge slightly below the sciatic region. Then I passed the optic to my wife. She was impressed as well. She took the bait!! :D

After a lot of research back home, into the different models, I decided to try one. My timing was perfect. Trijicon offered a $150 (pre-paid card) rebate while I was looking at them at Optics Planet. I researched the lowest possible price at an authorized dealer, and took the plunge. I purchased the TA11F 3.5x35 w/red chevron. Given the tracking, I'll be signing for it on 10/12/17.

While waiting for it to arrive, I researched the availability and differences of mounts. There were several options. I found a NIB A.R.M.S #19LD (2.9oz) for $39. Yes, it's authentic. I ordered one. I also found a GDI R-COM E-Model (4.1oz) for $40. Again, NIB and authentic. I picked up one of these as well.

Last Edited:
Good stuff! The TA11MGO-M249 3.5x35 ACOG I had came with that GDI mount and it was awesome. I need to pick up some more Trjicon gear soon. Really wanting a VCOG. I think that ACOG was my first Optics Planet order. They got all weird on me and wanted some sort of assurance of who I was and my payment method. Its a little fuzzy now. All I remember was thinking this hassle is almost not worth it. But they were hundreds of dollars cheaper than anywhere else.

My answer of "a gun" is a derivative of the forum member(s) I see replies from on the norm.
Naturally it will go on a rifle. Or a pistol.

Optics Planet, their prices are nothing to get excited over.
I purchased my ACOG from an authorized dealer on Gunbroker for a bit over $900. When the rebate was announced by Optics Planet, IMMEDIATELY the prices on ACOGs were going up everywhere. Which was BS!!
All said and done, after the rebate, I've gotten a new ACOG for a used price. If I decide to sell it later, it's less of a $$ loss.

Good stuff! The TA11MGO-M249 3.5x35 ACOG I had came with that GDI mount and it was awesome. I need to pick up some more Trjicon gear soon. Really wanting a VCOG. I think that ACOG was my first Optics Planet order. They got all weird on me and wanted some sort of assurance of who I was and my payment method. Its a little fuzzy now. All I remember was thinking this hassle is almost not worth it. But they were hundreds of dollars cheaper than anywhere else.
Looking into ACOGs, I looked into the VCOG. It is impressive. Then I kicked that thought to the curb. Least for now. The ACOG is my first Trijicon (handgun sights aside) purchase.

$900 after the rebate or you paid $900 but will actually only have $750 into it after the rebate?
As said above. I purchased my ACOG from an authorized dealer on Gunbroker for a bit over $900.

Last Edited:
I looked into and followed the trend of resale value. Given condition, real nice, near new, or a few years old run the average range of $700-$900+ resale values. My getting a new one for $900 minus the rebate, that there leaves a little warmth to the expense.
And a bit less "stink-eye" of the wife ;)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews