JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After stopping by Curts Discount Shooting Supply, while in the Oregon recently, I made the mistake of looking through a TA31F. Drooling after looking through the glass, I felt a sharp twinge slightly below the sciatic region. Then I passed the optic to my wife. She was impressed as well. She took the bait!! :D

After a lot of research back home, into the different models, I decided to try one. My timing was perfect. Trijicon offered a $150 (pre-paid card) rebate while I was looking at them at Optics Planet. I researched the lowest possible price at an authorized dealer, and took the plunge. I purchased the TA11F 3.5x35 w/red chevron. Given the tracking, I'll be signing for it on 10/12/17.

While waiting for it to arrive, I researched the availability and differences of mounts. There were several options. I found a NIB A.R.M.S #19LD (2.9oz) for $39. Yes, it's authentic. I ordered one. I also found a GDI R-COM E-Model (4.1oz) for $40. Again, NIB and authentic. I picked up one of these as well.

Last Edited:
Good stuff! The TA11MGO-M249 3.5x35 ACOG I had came with that GDI mount and it was awesome. I need to pick up some more Trjicon gear soon. Really wanting a VCOG. I think that ACOG was my first Optics Planet order. They got all weird on me and wanted some sort of assurance of who I was and my payment method. Its a little fuzzy now. All I remember was thinking this hassle is almost not worth it. But they were hundreds of dollars cheaper than anywhere else.

My answer of "a gun" is a derivative of the forum member(s) I see replies from on the norm.
Naturally it will go on a rifle. Or a pistol.

Optics Planet, their prices are nothing to get excited over.
I purchased my ACOG from an authorized dealer on Gunbroker for a bit over $900. When the rebate was announced by Optics Planet, IMMEDIATELY the prices on ACOGs were going up everywhere. Which was BS!!
All said and done, after the rebate, I've gotten a new ACOG for a used price. If I decide to sell it later, it's less of a $$ loss.

Good stuff! The TA11MGO-M249 3.5x35 ACOG I had came with that GDI mount and it was awesome. I need to pick up some more Trjicon gear soon. Really wanting a VCOG. I think that ACOG was my first Optics Planet order. They got all weird on me and wanted some sort of assurance of who I was and my payment method. Its a little fuzzy now. All I remember was thinking this hassle is almost not worth it. But they were hundreds of dollars cheaper than anywhere else.
Looking into ACOGs, I looked into the VCOG. It is impressive. Then I kicked that thought to the curb. Least for now. The ACOG is my first Trijicon (handgun sights aside) purchase.

$900 after the rebate or you paid $900 but will actually only have $750 into it after the rebate?
As said above. I purchased my ACOG from an authorized dealer on Gunbroker for a bit over $900.

Last Edited:
I looked into and followed the trend of resale value. Given condition, real nice, near new, or a few years old run the average range of $700-$900+ resale values. My getting a new one for $900 minus the rebate, that there leaves a little warmth to the expense.
And a bit less "stink-eye" of the wife ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top