JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Cleaning my safe today and picked up my DW Valor. Just thinking about the history of the 1911 and what it brought and still brings to the table. Truly amazing how long it has stayed relevant and in some respects still at the top of the food chain. When we talk about accuracy and trigger pull the 1911 is still the standard every gun is judged by. Its weakness is its weight and ammo capacity when compared to its modern counterparts. Although weight helps with recoil and the single stack mag helps creat the perfect fit in my hand. I do have a couple of fns 9s in my carry rotation and they are very fine firearms but when i am packing my 1911 i feel a couple inches taller lol. Thoughts?

C467CBD4-D4DD-4D76-8EEE-2DC17995BB4A.jpeg 0D84D2CD-DC68-4DA4-BB82-2B6ACFB3F065.jpeg

Entirely agreed.

I have many other hand guns, but shooting them seldom invokes the same feeling in my tenderloins as the 1911. Especially a full size in 10mm
JMB knows what is good.

1911s are easy pointing, fits medium to XXL hands just right, are single-stack slim, and heavy enough to knock heads with in a pinch :D

Old slab sides, Mr Big Mouth, the best ever! :s0160:

Some come a lil lighter so you can carry two.........LOL I've got a few and had many over the years Colts, Springfields, Kimber, Llama, Remington, Rock Island, Metroarms, Dan Wesson etc. but have never been without at least one since around 86/7. Sometimes the babies of em are fun too.

100_2949.JPG 100_2965.JPG

Have you took a stroll through here.......

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top