JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nuthin' fancy - just my 1991-A1 but the best shooter of all 1911s I have had !
A couple minor mods but it's capable of sub 2" groups benchrested at 25 yards with good handloads!

IMG_1367.JPG

Cleaning my safe today and picked up my DW Valor. Just thinking about the history of the 1911 and what it brought and still brings to the table. Truly amazing how long it has stayed relevant and in some respects still at the top of the food chain. When we talk about accuracy and trigger pull the 1911 is still the standard every gun is judged by. Its weakness is its weight and ammo capacity when compared to its modern counterparts. Although weight helps with recoil and the single stack mag helps creat the perfect fit in my hand. I do have a couple of fns 9s in my carry rotation and they are very fine firearms but when i am packing my 1911 i feel a couple inches taller lol. Thoughts?

View attachment 799854 View attachment 799856

So who really gives a hoot about magazine capacity?!?!? The 1911 is better than ANY point & shoot camera ever made! You just can't beat it's incredible design, function & effectiveness. Just carry extra mags full o' bullits

F7781E10-631E-44F6-AA2B-B6EA531F2935.jpeg

So who really gives a hoot about magazine capacity?!?!? The 1911 is better than ANY point & shoot camera ever made! You just can't beat it's incredible design, function & effectiveness. Just carry extra mags full o' bullits

View attachment 800171
Over 99% of all gun fights are within 20 feet and are one on one. High capacity for civilian use is definitely over rated.

It says something when a design can remain relevant long after many others have come ( and gone) in that time, and not only that, remain the pinnacle of greatness long after it should have faded! To me, the 1911 LOOKS like a pistol should, it FEELS like a pistol should, and SHOOTS like a pistol should! Of all the pistols I have carried and used, many that were issued, I have always consistently shot top scores in my qualifying with the 1911's, which is really saying something, as a few were capable of getting close, but alas, none could! There are many others that I like, but the ones I choose to carry and bet my life on are all 1911's and when it comes to shooting scores, I seem to always shoot top score with my 1911 Colt Gold Cup Match!
1609451510704.png

@Ura-Ki , I had a 1962 Colt National Match that looked very much like your Gold Cup. It was a super nice gun and I sold it, cuz I wasn't going to shoot it much. A lot like my 1951 Government Model. Sold it, bought it back, sold it again...

But the Dan Wesson I had no problem carrying and beating up. Until my recent re-infatuation with DA revolvers it was all I carried.

1951 Government Model
51 Colt.jpg
My Dan Wesson and the SR 1911 I gave my wife as an anniversary present. Ruger didn't release the SR1911 until the original pistol was 100 years old. That says something about the popularity of the design. I bought the first one I saw. It's never missed a beat.
Ruger and Wesson.jpg
I think this is the only picture I have of the National Match
2 Colts and a DW.jpg
51 Colt Government, 62 Colt National Match, 08 DW Classic Bobtail.

@11Charlie for kicks!

@Ura-Ki , I had a 1962 Colt National Match that looked very much like your Gold Cup. It was a super nice gun and I sold it, cuz I wasn't going to shoot it much. A lot like my 1951 Government Model. Sold it, bought it back, sold it again...

But the Dan Wesson I had no problem carrying and beating up. Until my recent re-infatuation with DA revolvers it was all I carried.

1951 Government Model
View attachment 800473
My Dan Wesson and the SR 1911 I gave my wife as an anniversary present. Ruger didn't release the SR1911 until the original pistol was 100 years old. That says something about the popularity of the design. I bought the first one I saw. It's never missed a beat.
View attachment 800474
I think this is the only picture I have of the National Match
View attachment 800475
51 Colt Government, 62 Colt National Match, 08 DW Classic Bobtail.

@11Charlie for kicks!

that 51 is still one of my favorites and forever will be in the family. Shoot the kids are arguing over who gets it and I'm not even close to dead yet :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top