JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking at a potential eventual move to this area, and hope to visit in a couple weeks. In curious for opinions about what people who currently live there, haved lived there in the past, or considered moving there think of it.

We would want to live a little out of town, probably within 20-30 minutes. We like to hike, camp, hunt, shoot, and kayak. I'm thinking about getting back into mountain biking and there appear to be plenty of opportunities for that. We're in fields that would allow us to have jobs before we move. We don't have kids, so schools aren't a priority.

So, feel free to reply with any likes and dislikes, places we might want to check out to live, eat, shop, whatever. I just provided the above info to give a little indication of what is important to us. Thanks in advance!

I have had relatives in the Tri-Cities my whole life. As a youngster, I spent multiple summers up there, and loved it.

When it is supposed to be summer, it is! In my experience, winters are not nearly as snowy up there as other places east of the mountains.

Great hunting and fishing. Especially fishing. In the Snake/Columbia pools, catfish abound.

The Tri-Cities however, have become a big town with big town problems. If you're looking to live out of town, that's great.

Lived there in the late 70s for about a year.

Hot summer. Cold winter (minus 22*f the year I was there and the Columbia river froze over but that is not typical )

Did not like desert mostly without trees.

Liked the rivers. That was about it for me.

Right now I would be concerned about the leaks from Hanford

Access to good hunting anything from duck to deer and fresh water fishing also BUT there is a large Hispanic population there like someone else said they do have a stupid little gang problem . I used to go there all the time I never had a problem the wether is hot in summer cold in winter.thats about all I can say 2cents

I live west of tri-cities. If you want to be really close look at West Richland. That's a separate town from Richland. If you want to be more rural, there are some nice places from just west of Benton City over toward Prosser. It's a desert. It's irrigated so you can have some trees and grass, but if you don't water it, you just have dust. Summers are hot and dry. Winter is when yoi get your few inches of rain.

There"s a nice range north of Benton City. Rifle to 1000yds, skeet, trap, plinking, old west shooting,etc.

If you fish the Columbia, do it north of Hanford.

This is a wine growing region. There's wine everywhere. There are also some microbreweries and microdistilleries.

I love tricities and sometimes contemplate moving there. All of my closest friends and family members live in tri cities. I probably do 95% of my shooting in or near tri cities. Housing is much cheaper but is certainly on the rise and ive read that they are one of the highest paying cities in the country when you factor in cost of living. There are plenty of spots to fish, kayak, and go mountain biking. I do all 3 every year over there. My favorite gun shop is out there - Talos tactical. The owner is awesome and the gun sales there got me in trouble by the wife too many times. Maybe I should shut up now. :cool:

Are there any decent mountains or hills within an hour's drive? And what species are included in the good hunting? White tail? Black tail? Elk? Pronghorn?

Mule Deer, elk, bear, pronghorn, all the same animals you'd find East of the Cascades in Oregon. An hour east of the Tri Cities, is Umatilla National Forest, with very mountainous terrain. To the west of the Tri Cities, is the same landscape you'd find in Central Oregon. An hour or two North, and you're gonna get into terrain like Northern Idaho.

With an hours drive from the Tri Cities, you can hunt any animal you'd find anywhere in the mountains of the west. A two hour drive and you're in absolutely world class hunting.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top