JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Depends on the cop. I went to investigate someone banging on my wife's car at 2am (some drunk waiting for his friend to drive the car around to pick him up thought he was locked out). I brought my Glock 27 with me. During a polygraph exam, they asked the question if I had "ever been involved in any incident involving a firearm" and I described the aforementioned incident and was basically scolded out of the interview. I guess everyone just wants you to huddle in the corner and call the police....even the police. I was told that I brought a firearm into a non-deadly situation and could have escalated to a deadly force encounter when one wasn't warranted.

I guess if you hear a bump in the night you are supposed to go look, see that it is a bad guy raping your child, then go get your gun because NOW you can shoot him.

I would never consent to a polygraph interview. EVER. The only exception would be if I was working for CIA. Other that, no way Jose. There are other jobs out there.

beware-of-dog-cat-not-trustworthy-either.jpg

I have a small sticker on the back door that asks people to "remove ski mask and unload gun before entering" underneath it is in spanish. The front door has a sticker stating "this house protected by a shotgun three nights a week you guess which three". If someone tresspasses on my property they get a couple warning shots (at the ground) they always leave in a hurry. Havent had to do that for a while as motion lights usually do the trick.

Depends on the cop. I went to investigate someone banging on my wife's car at 2am (some drunk waiting for his friend to drive the car around to pick him up thought he was locked out). I brought my Glock 27 with me. During a polygraph exam, they asked the question if I had "ever been involved in any incident involving a firearm" and I described the aforementioned incident and was basically scolded out of the interview. I guess everyone just wants you to huddle in the corner and call the police....even the police. I was told that I brought a firearm into a non-deadly situation and could have escalated to a deadly force encounter when one wasn't warranted.

I guess if you hear a bump in the night you are supposed to go look, see that it is a bad guy raping your child, then go get your gun because NOW you can shoot him.

DoubleTapDrew ^ must be nice to be able to see into the future. I'm sure the cop didn't have a gun when he responded, as it was a non-deadly situation?

Yeah,so that means every time a cop responds to a simple neighborhood dispute,say, over parking,he could be escalating it into a deadly crime,because he brought a gun?
Or when he pulls you over for a traffic ticket?

THINK, before posting any sign or saying anything to a LEO, " How will this play out in court? ". Of course you can say anything or post any stupid sign you want. But, what would a jury of hand wringing, antigun, liberals think?

forget about signs get a electric fence

ever pee on a electric fence?

My cousin did.

Gave new meaning to the pee pee dance

Now thats entertaining.

My signs . If you enter this property without premission I will assume you are armed and will protect myself IAW with Washington state law

And if you think that means you can shoot someone on your property for trespassing because you assume they are armed, you are grossly misinformed. You didn't ask but you really need to get some real advice before you end up spending 5-10 as bubba's girlfriend.

The history of homeowners shooting prowlers and burglars in Portland is not very good for the perps. DA's and cops do everything they can to avoid prosecuting. I don't know where Portland's reputation for being anti-homeowner/pro-criminal comes from but it isn't reality.

When I see signs like that, all it tells me is where I have to go to obtain a firearm if I need one. :s0087:

No Trespassing should be sufficient within the law. As others have stated, shooting is reserved for protecting life and property, not for trespassers who pose no threat. Shooting someone simply for trespassing is like shooting someone for cutting you off in traffic.

Yeah,so that means every time a cop responds to a simple neighborhood dispute,say, over parking,he could be escalating it into a deadly crime,because he brought a gun?
Or when he pulls you over for a traffic ticket?

"Could be"? Seems like it's in the news every couple of months that it DOES escalate from a traffic ticket or a welfare call to a shooting by the cops.

When I see signs like that, all it tells me is where I have to go to obtain a firearm if I need one. :s0087:

No Trespassing should be sufficient within the law. As others have stated, shooting is reserved for protecting life and property, not for trespassers who pose no threat. Shooting someone simply for trespassing is like shooting someone for cutting you off in traffic.

OK I'm missing something here....it's not OK to shoot someone that cuts you off in traffic?
Guess I better stop that then.

I live on property. We have a gate and fences. No signs of any kind.

The only people who have come on my property would've come regardless of a sign: PPL employees, the neighbor when his cattle broke through the fence, and the kids from up the road. The County Search and Rescue people do drills behind my place, too.

Violent criminals are unlikely to be deterred by those signs, anyway.

All those signs would do is make the world a little more hostile, the country a little more divided, and keep me a little bit more seperated from my neighbors.

It's no big deal.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR