JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Somewhat off topic, but simaler.

It's like putting up a Beware of Dog sign on your propery and someone gets bit.

In some states the liability is based on a couple laws, one of them being " The one-bite rule. " This misleadingly named rule makes an owner legally responsible for an injury caused by a dog if the owner knew the dog was likely to cause that type of injury - for example, that the dog would bite. The victim must prove the owner knew the dog was dangerous.

It could be argued that by putting up the sign you were aware that your dog was agressive and would bite rather then it being an isolated incident.

Of course being shot dead is a bit different, but I'm sure to an attorney, the same logic would apply and be used against you.

In some states the liability is based on a couple laws, one of them being " The one-bite rule. " This misleadingly named rule makes an owner legally responsible for an injury caused by a dog if the owner knew the dog was likely to cause that type of injury - for example, that the dog would bite. The victim must prove the owner knew the dog was dangerous.

It could be argued that by putting up the sign you were aware that your dog was agressive and would bite rather then it being an isolated incident.

Of course being shot dead is a bit different, but I'm sure to an attorney, the same logic would apply and be used against you.

True, but then so many people, even people who don't have dogs, put up that sign that it would be hard to convince a jury that the sign alone was enough. I think the plaintiff would have to prove that the dog was an actual biter. Now, if I had a dog that I knew would bite strangers, I'd get rid of it for liability's sake.

I have two dogs and they bark their heads off at strange noises, and that's all I want from them. I don't want them to bite. I'll take care of the rest of the problem if they just wake me and warn me.

$.02

Nope...

I hate rude behavior in a man.

...is the best seven words. (Woodrow Call - Lonesome Dove)

OK, I'll give you that. Especially after standing up to the so-called army, and beating one of their scouts nearly to death. Then he gets on his horse and calmly says that to a crowd of citizen onlookers. "I hate rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it."

I believe it has to be something of the nature of "Guard dog on duty" That way the intruder knows or is informed that the dog does in fact bite

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top