JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey y'all,
I gotta take the girlfriend to an appointment in Vancouver, WA tomorrow. Instead of driving all the way back to Beaverton I thought about killing time at The Place To Shoot before I have to pick her up. So I would want to take a couple firearms with me for this trip.
My question is this - what are the laws regarding transporting firearms between Oregon and Washington state? I have a CHL which I believe isn't recognized in Washington.
Any help, experience, or resources for this info would be great. Thanks!

Once in WA you cannot carry a handgun concealed legally since your Orygun CHL is not recognized by WA.

Otherwise, you should be fine - I believe the laws for transport of firearms are the same as Orygun. I would put them unloaded and in a case of some sort, out of reach while in the vehicle.

I believe the term "not readily accessible" is key while transporting firearms in your vehicle. Keep the firearms and ammo stored separately, and out of reach. A cable lock on the firearm or lockable case isn't a bad idea either.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top