JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey y'all,
I gotta take the girlfriend to an appointment in Vancouver, WA tomorrow. Instead of driving all the way back to Beaverton I thought about killing time at The Place To Shoot before I have to pick her up. So I would want to take a couple firearms with me for this trip.
My question is this - what are the laws regarding transporting firearms between Oregon and Washington state? I have a CHL which I believe isn't recognized in Washington.
Any help, experience, or resources for this info would be great. Thanks!

Once in WA you cannot carry a handgun concealed legally since your Orygun CHL is not recognized by WA.

Otherwise, you should be fine - I believe the laws for transport of firearms are the same as Orygun. I would put them unloaded and in a case of some sort, out of reach while in the vehicle.

I believe the term "not readily accessible" is key while transporting firearms in your vehicle. Keep the firearms and ammo stored separately, and out of reach. A cable lock on the firearm or lockable case isn't a bad idea either.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top