Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Transfers in Forest Grove / Hillsboro, OR area

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by whutdidyousay, Aug 28, 2009.

1. whutdidyousay

whutdidyousay Hillsboro, OR Member

:thumbup:

2. powermad

powermad Portland Active Member

$50 + BG check has been the norm for a few years.
    I would look for something local, I have bought a few items off GB and all have been local, Coburg has been the farthest I have had to meet someone.

Saves shipping, transfer fee and BG check fee.

Usualy adds up to $85 or so when it's all said and done.

The Gun Broker has a store in Tigard, I like going to the one in Clackamas. They have a $50 fee + BG. http://www.thegunbroker.com/

3. krazed

krazed Yamhill Member

4. Muddman

Muddman Aloha Member

Company Dual Smoking Gunn's LLC
    Address 12170 SW Broadway
    Beaverton OR 97005
    US
    Phone (503)-626-2117
    Fax (503)-626-7377
    Email info@dualsmokinggunns.com

5. repins05

repins05 OR Member

Beavercreek armory....its been a year or two since I did a transfer think it was $30-35.00?

6. VinnieBoomBah

VinnieBoomBah Hillsboro OR Active Member

This.

http://www.ORL-LLC.com/

This isn't the kind of web site were I can really tell you why NOT to use the other places, hunt around and you might some other peoples experiences. I'll just tell you this.

Use Pat.

Period.

Oh, and one other thing to keep in mind, make sure that the dealer you use will except shipments from a non FFL holder, or that the seller is, or will ship from, a dealer on their end.

ETA: Don't know Ryan, so my comments were not directed at him. Be sure to post pictures of your wife's new gun!

7. whutdidyousay

whutdidyousay Hillsboro, OR Member

:thumbup:

8. BSG 75

BSG 75 Oregon Well-Known Member

Go to this page http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp

and enter your ZIP code. It will give you a list of FFL holders who do transfers, including their charges.

9. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

I met Ryan at the Portland gun show. He is a really friendly and honest guy and I think he would be a great person to do transfers with.

10. actionflies

actionflies Beaverton, Oregon Member

$20 transfer at A Cut Above Pawn in Beaverton.

11. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

This is who I always recommend. Great place to shoot machine guns also after you do your transfer.

Pat is one of the most helpful people in the business.

12. DoktorT

DoktorT Chewelah, WA Member

Keep your hand on your wallet if you go to Beaver Creek. They keep the gouge handy in a concealed carry fashion and are well practiced in the fast draw.

13. Decidion

Decidion Washington county, Oregon Member

You can also try Little Bear Gun shop. Richard, the owner, runs it out of his house, and is a really nice guy to work with. He gives discounts to LEO and any type of vet (except Veterinarians, lol).

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  14. DoktorT

DoktorT Chewelah, WA Member

Do a search for Beavercreek. Lots of bad jojo there. Keep your hand on your wallet.

:paranoid:

15. Gunner69

Gunner69 Hillsboro Member

The guy I use charges I believe $25 but is on vacation until May.

16. rsmccsman

rsmccsman Hillsboro Go Blazers!

Ditto I highly recommend them without reservation, honesty, integrity and great friendly service very affordable. Last time I was in (a few days ago they actually had some really good deals on what was in stock behind the counter too. ) :thumbup:

17. raftman

raftman Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

+1. I've purchased a few through him (and from him) and he's an awesome person to deal with. Plus he charges only $10 for transfers (plus $10 more for background check)... haven't seen anyone in this area offer a better price.

Agreed. This is the only gun shop I have decided I would NEVER return to. Wouldn't do an FFL transfer through them because they have bad service, bad prices, and are very dishonest. Wouldn't shop there for the same reasons, plus the fact that their selection is crappy.

18. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I used them last week for a crossborder AK-74 transfer. Charged me $25, but I'm an NRA Life Benefactor member and recruiter too. YMMV!

Met the seller there, looked the AK over, paid him, then did the paperwork, and paid for it. Took about ½hr. for all.

However, they are NOT at the location given above. They moved a few blocks away on 1st street as I remember. I found out the hard way adter all I found was the empty store front! I called the phone number to get the correct address, luckily I had pronted out a small map of the area so I could find 1st too!!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  19. chris61182

chris61182 A little west of Portland Active Member

Here's another strong recommendation for Mr. Judy, I've had several good experiences with him as well. Both transfers and purchases, and never had a problem with either.

20. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

You mean this nice guy LittleBearGuns and his two other sockpuppets accounts skunkworks and jonesen he signed up just to agree with him?

Post number 28
    http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24938&page=2

Is that the guy you're referring to? I have no opinion I'm just checking! ;)