JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am interested to know what the process is for an Oregon resident to buy from private party in Washington.
Can it be done at an FFL in Washington or does the firearm need to be shipped to an Oregon FFL?

Thanks in advance
Needs to be shipped to an OR FFL.

Could be wrong here because I don't really follow too closely all the stupid changes, but I think that is only required if it is a handgun, a long gun can be done with a WA FFL.
This is true. I guess I assumed too much thinking everyone already knew the fed long gun exceptions. My bad. ;)

Last Edited:
Just recently shipped to an Oregon ffl for a sale I made here to an Oregon resident. Shipped another one off today. Also have one incoming from there next week. Box it up, include a copy of your drivers license and the name and phone number of the recipient. Easy day. That's for handguns.
You can buy a long gun over here.

Just recently shipped to an Oregon ffl for a sale I made here to an Oregon resident. Shipped another one off today. Also have one incoming from there next week. Box it up, include a copy of your drivers license and the name and phone number of the recipient. Easy day. That's for handguns.
You can buy a long gun over here.
How do you address payment for out of state buyers? Is it face to face prior to transfer?

How do you address payment for out of state buyers? Is it face to face prior to transfer?
Payment in advance (electronic or as you prefer. Making sure any funds fully clear) before shipping to their FFL, with the understanding that if they do not take possession for any reason, they are responsible for inusured return shipping and any FFL fees that might be charged from their side of the border.

If you only deal in cash, that doesn't mean you can't make a F2F money exchange required prior to shipping. I dunno how many people would go for that if much of a drive is required, but it's perfectly fine for you to set any terms you feel comfortable with. Just realizing it may reduce your potential buyer pool.

Payment in advance (electronic or as you prefer. Making sure any funds fully clear) before shipping to their FFL, with the understanding that if they do not take possession for any reason, they are responsible for inusured return shipping and any FFL fees that might be charged from their side of the border.

If you only deal in cash, that doesn't mean you can't make a F2F money exchange required prior to shipping. I dunno how many people would go for that if much of a drive is required, but it's perfectly fine for you to set any terms you feel comfortable with. Just realizing it may reduce your potential buyer pool.
Agreed. I always figure someone takes a risk. Buyer sends payment with the expectation that a gun will be sent. Or seller mails hoping payment will be sent.
Appreciate your response

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads