JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any NWFA members use a towable trailer when they camp and/or hunt? Not a towable RV for living in, just a trailer for all the stuff one might need to bring into the wilderness for an extended period of time. Thinking this may be a good idea, but could also be a real problem depending on where you go (would never work on some backwoods roads I've been on). If trailers are your thing, how has it worked out for you, and what kind did you choose?

My best setup for such short term woodsy was used Alaskan camper. Bought used on 1/2 ton Chevy, it lasted another 20 years & wore out 2 more used trucks. A 14' basic trailer replaced that.

My military trailer, camping out at Glass butte, has a sherperds woodstove, burning chunks of sagebrush,,for heating water and a warm sleeping quarters. surge brakes, keep it from pushing you down the steep grade. also the truck spare tire is the same, both the trailer and the truck.

Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 9.54.34 AM.png

I have an enclosed cargo trailer. It's been on many outings, including hunting. It works out marvelously. And in a pinch, it sure beats sleeping in a tent or on the ground.
P1040933.JPG InkedP1040935.jpg

Last Edited:
this works well for me, certainly can't get it way into the backcountry but I am too old to hunt the deep backcountry anyway. I can take the pickup or 4-wheeler if I need to get in deeper. 10 days deer hunting last year and never had to run the generator

trip to prairie city 003.JPG phone pics 052.jpg

Last Edited:
A jeep outfitted for serious off-road and an equivalent trailer can reach deep into the backcountry, just depends on the individuals' goals and financial resources.
As someone else mentioned, I am an owner and a fan of an Alaskan Camper, but that is a different topic.

This is what i have. Made a few conversion changes. Worked great.
I would like to hear of the changes.

When I ordered my trailer, there were many options available, including options to support habitation. I didn't take advantage of any of these upgrades.

The foremost reason I bought this trailer was for camping. I kept it simple... Two very decent cots, sleeping bags, folding chairs and tables, portable propane appliances, lighting, cooking, etc., and plenty of coolers. It worked well for me and has continued to do so. Not so much for my wife. We ended up with another travel trailer, and my cargo trailer has become a warehouse for most of the year.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top