WTS/WTT OR Traditions firearms 1851 Colt Navy 44 Colt cartridge conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BanjoGeek

Reactions
New in the box Tradition Firearms 1851 Navy Colt 44 Colt cartridge conversion. I took this in on trade on a whim and realized that it wouldn't take 44 Spl. Now it needs a new home. Never fired with factory grease still visible. Asking $300 and will trade for a reasonable gun of equal value (no boat anchors) or a nice fiddle or 5 string banjo. I can send more pics if needed. I am in Lebanon and use a local FFL or one in your area on your dime. I don't text. 541-401-1063

MVC-174S.JPG MVC-175S.JPG MVC-176S.JPG MVC-177S.JPG MVC-178S.JPG MVC-179S.JPG

OP
BanjoGeek

BanjoGeek

Reactions
:):):)Let me share my experience limited as it might be. Yes, the piece will accept a 44 spl cartridge. However, you cannot put in a second 44 spl cartridge next to the one you first chambered. You could, however, put a 44 spl cartridge in every other chamber due. Due to the size of the 44 spl rim it is too big around to chamber them side by side. Does this make sense? With all that, the piece is ready for a new owner.

OP
BanjoGeek

BanjoGeek

Reactions
Not a problem Andy. I think your response may have cleared up some questions people might have. I have had a few phone calls regarding this piece and the possibility of chambering 44-40 so your input did serve a useful purpose. We all learn as we go along.:)

Andy54Hawken

Reactions
You are welcome...
I removed my posts ... I don't want to be thought of trying wreck your sale.

Good luck in your sale ...you are asking a very fair price for this revolver.
Andy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Helpful and Handy
    I have shopped, transferred, bought, browsed, or merely stopped in for a friendly hello or two, and every time without fail I left feeling better...
    • 10mm
  • Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Definitely recommended
    friendly people, great prices on guns ammo tools, jewelry, other pawn shop stuff, always been easy to deal with
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Responsive, courteous, great comms and absolutely reasonable!
    Bought a firearm from a local NWF's member and as I live in Idaho it had to transfer through a local FFL. The Seller picked A Cut Above... The...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Another sterling experience A+
    Tyler is a great man and this place is a treasure. Reasonable fees and excellent service. Kind and polite. No BS. I will keep coming back.
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Great FFL Gun Transfers.
    Last Saturday morning. Me & the wife bought a pistol from another great Northwestfirearm's member. Meet up A Cut Above pawn shop. Wife had a...
Top Bottom