JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm having all kinds of issues with my new BCG. I was wondering if anyone else out there has one of these, so that we can compare?

To start with, the extractor and ejector are beyond stiff. I took the extractor apart to see how they put it together. Two springs, one inside the other, and two o-rings.

I have not had the chance to pull the ejector to see what's going on with it, but I can't depress it for the life of me. If I put a dummy round in the bolt, I can compress the ejector, but the dummy round feels like it's going to snap in half!

Not sure if this is normal for a .308 bolt. It's my first AR10.

Have you shot with it? I only ask because you didn't mention it.

If you have shot with it, what were the results that caused concern?

Puzzled.

I've tried shooting with it.

1st malfunction. This happens every few rounds.
It will strip a round off the mag and chamber it, but the extractor won't engage the case rim. So the bolt won't close. The FA is useless for the most part. Maybe if I hit it with a hammer. When I lock the bolt back, the round will just fall out of the chamber, with a light tap.

I cleaned the crap out of the BCG and the barrel/chamber/locking lugs. No change.

I did some Googling, and found a few ideas. 1. Check to make sure gas tube is not interfering with the bolt closing. 2. Check the buffer spring to make sure it is not too weak to send that bolt home.

The BCG does seem a bit sluggish, at least compared to an AR15. It's a rifle length tube with a heavy buffer and a flat Strike Industries spring.
AR 10 Flat Wire Spring

I'll pull the buffer and spring, and make sure it's clean and not binding up. I have the original spring that I can try.

I would try to fire it as is. If it works, great. If not, remove an o ring and try again?
That's right the extractor cannot be moved so just shoot it. The OP will find out the hard way if it had any headspace.
OP Remove the ejector and you'll probably see the spring looks beat on both ends. Taper the ends and polish the spring. Clean the bore, polish the ejector, apply a good lubricant. You were wise to check it, now go fix it. BTW..You do not need the tiny second spring for the extractor unless you are shooting steel case and I hope you are not.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top