JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why do I carry? I've learned through many experiences that:
- People should not be trusted.
- Police and laws are only there after the fact.
- And even then, they're not always on your "side."
- My safety and well being is my responsibility.
- Situations turn bad, fast.

-Robert

I went to public school and I knew that people in society were just grown up and more advanced/developed versions of the same type of people I went to school with. I also operate under the presumption that you don't really own what you can't defend, or at least that is the mindset of the evil in society that preys on the law abiding. Since evil exists in this world, you have to decide if you will choose to live your life blissfully ignorant and hope it never finds you, or aware of the evil and in theory prepared to respond adequately should it ever find you.

Both had policies against it.

Yeahbutt, guns can't read "policies"… :D

A3066159-8FBE-445C-BD40-01E1290FFE44.jpeg

Been carrying since I was 16, and it's not going to change! Spent my formative years in some nasty not nice places and seen first hand what desperate humans can turn into, and seen what gangs of roving thugs can do! I will not ever be without a handgun hidden away somewhere on my person, period!
Only ever needed to draw twice, and that was enough to change the outcome to the good both times!
Been pretty close a few times, especially this last one, if the dude had taken another step, or reached for something, it would have been curtains I tell ya, curtains!

I got my CPL to bypass the 5 day wait. Carried sporadically for a number of years until a church shooting convinced me to carry everyday, all day. Occasional travel outside the US being the only exception.

I am no longer able to defend my self, I'm sick and on my way out. I carry when I can.
I was carrying last two years because I could defend my self, but was almost accosted by some one who actually put fear into my soul, one block from my house...
As some one decided above, likewise I don't want to trade fists. I needed to have freedom to not have to fight.
I applied and got my CHL. I have not regretted it one bit as now I don't have to learn under duress of bad health to carry.
Since then I now am in to shooting efforts with kids grand kids and anybody else that would be willing, and also gun maintenance, supplies and all that implies.
The coincidence of these seemingly "end times" for me and it seems everybody else just keeps me even more on my feeble toes.
People seem afraid about the state of our country, I am simply giddy.🤓😎

Back in the early 80's, I started contracting on the East Coast (Florida to be exact) then traveled the country making damn good money and I wanted to protect it. I didn't worry about a permit in a lot of states because I wasn't there long enough to even establish a residence so I took my chances.
Settled in Washington and got my first CWP and have renewed it every time it needed. Concealing in summer is my nemesis because I have big hands and small guns suck for accuracy so a lot of times I just open carry my XDM40.

Last Edited:
Once I got my license, the fear of "what if" took over. I couldn't imagine carrying 90% of the time only to need it that one time I didn't have it.

I'd never forgive myself if I wasn't able to protect someone because I was being complacent or figured "it won't happen to me" was enough.

It won't happen to me, at least not without a fight.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top