JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Apparently, there was a legit armed robbery yesterday at Victoria's Secret at Tanasbourne. That's 2/2 of places my wife needed to go to yesterday. Being too busy with other things put off errands, so the excitement was missed. Still, this hits close to home...literally.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Pics or it didn't happen.
1621637909619.png

That's the best I got.

Many years ago I moved from Hawaii to Oregon. In Hawaii, no one has a CHL. So I got one when I moved here just because I could! :)
In the past I did not always carry, but now that society has gone bat sh*t crazy, I don't leave home unarmed.

Its ok, you can now cool down back to low risk.

They got the territory offender:

First, I carry because I am paranoid! Second, I carry because I am old and debilitated. Third, I carry because I carried for years in the Army and I got used to it, I was uncomfortable going anywhere without a weapon. Fourth, I had a friend who was shot three times when he went to help a stranded vehicle. Fifth, sometimes my wife doesn't carry, but she's getting better. Sixth, we are trained on defense and current with firearms.

Both had policies against it.
Thats too bad to hear, from a gun store. Right now Sportsmans is hiring, I feel like applying just to get the job and then tell them I wont work for a place that doesn't respect a constitutional right.

Thats too bad to hear, from a gun store. Right now Sportsmans is hiring, I feel like applying just to get the job and then tell them I wont work for a place that doesn't respect a constitutional right.
Calling SW a gun store is a stretch of the term.

Washington County just posted up the following:
- Armed Robbery
- Target Pharmacy on Evergreen Pkwy
- Suspect had note saying he had a gun, no gun displayed
- Store is evacuated

Now, I've had my CC license for awhile - but I've never felt particularly compelled to carry. After all, this is a very low crime neighborhood. But, this is my Target. Hell, my wife and I are there so much the Starbucks workers know my daughter and have seen her grow up from a 6lb blanket-wrapped bundle to a walking, talking human being.

This incident has me rethinking things a bit. So, I'm curious...if you carry a gun, what was the reason that led up to your decision? Was it a gradual realization or a single event that forced the conclusion into sharp relief?
Interesting thread. I had to go back and read the OP to remember what the original question was. I don't carry around town (potland). WE, both got CCPs mainly because I wanted us to be added to the number in Oregon, and The U.S.. Wifey carries when she's out and about alone sometimes. It depends on where she's going. When I used to go over to the store a block away after dark I'd tuck the Chief's Special in a pocket though. I've been carrying a 4" Old Timer for over 30 years on my right hip. I can whip that out and have it open quicker than I can pull a gun. And it's not likely to get me into trouble like a "REAL GUN!!!" will in this Dumb-O-Rat haven in the NW. I carry on road trips mushroom hunting or where we're likely to get off the beaten path/paved roads. We just don't go out at night anymore either.

I got my CHL in 89 or 90. Back then I rode a street bike as primary transportation and used a fanny pack (remember those) as my primary holster. Easy to carry into work and then dump in my tool box. Yeah, my boss knew.
About the time of the Clackamas Town Center shooting (2012) I started carrying daily, no matter where I was going, or what for. Even when going to church with Mom.
Stuff happens and it happens quickly. I work in SE Portland and have watched the neighborhood become infested with homeless, street criminals.

I'm a very independent person. I also know that if I need the police they will be late to the party.

Last Edited:
It's a crazy violent world out there...

Sad indeed. Kalifornia is gonna Kalifornia, tightest gun controls in the country, yet nut jobs and criminals are still able to easily possess firearms and take innocent lives.

I'll wait for the details of the shooter to come out, if they ever do, but I have a profile in mind. Multiple time felon in possession of a firearm...

Some things never change. Give crazy Kalifornia drives the right of way, you may live to appreciate being humble...

My stomach clenched up reading that. What the hell is wrong with people?
Couldn't tell you, scares the bubblegum out of me. I can't imagine what that mom went through. I'd lose it hard losing my son in such a way.

Never would think a gangbanger with a gun would start shooting up soccer moms car over a middle finger.

Couldn't tell you, scares the bubblegum out of me. I can't imagine what that mom went through. I'd lose it hard losing my son in such a way.

Never would think a gangbanger with a gun would start shooting up soccer moms car over a middle finger.
You have way too much faith in humanity.

I grew up never handled a gun till 21 now I'm 26 been carrying for half a year. As soon as I got my CHL in the mail I have been carrying on a daily basis except for work. You never know what will happen these days sh*t could happen in a park, hiking, shopping mall basically anywhere! Just because you are in a better area does not mean you are safe by any means that is an illusion. Best to keep that pocket rocket just in case you need it! I refuse to be a sheep if I run into a wolf he is going to find out who the real Alpha is Me!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top