JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carry , because I can.

I view the carrying of your firearm like I do the owning of firearms.
in this case :
Carry what and as you wish...its your choice....Just don't make that choice for me or belittle me for my choice in this matter.
Andy

Back in the early 80's, I started contracting on the East Coast (Florida to be exact) then traveled the country making damn good money and I wanted to protect it. I didn't worry about a permit in a lot of states because I wasn't there long enough to even establish a residence so I took my chances.
Settled in Washington and got my first CWP and have renewed it every time it needed. Concealing in summer is my nemesis because I have big hands and small guns suck for accuracy so a lot of times I just open carry my XDM40.

I hip carry a CZ P-09. In the summer I wear Tees and a light baggy button down that's always untucked and usually unbuttoned. If some Nancy or bunhead wets themselves too bad.

- Armed Robbery
- Target Pharmacy on Evergreen Pkwy
My first job 30 years ago was in a small independent pharmacy in a strip mall (remember those?). We were robbed twice by gun wielding thieves looking for opiates. FWIW, the owner/pharmacist did not believe in guns. Fortunately nobody was hurt.

Drug addiction + bad policy has created this critical mass of homeless in the PNW. Salem now looks like Eugene did when Jerry Garcia was still alive. Accidental overdose from Opiates is the leading cause of death for people under 45 (see: "unintentional injury", in the CDC statistics).

The "AR-14" is not even on the list.

Last Edited:
It has seeped into the burbs and will only get worse. And our stupid politicians think gun free zones and their magical signs will stop violent criminals, when it is only making it easy for them.

Always Be Carrying

It is better to have something you may never need, than need something you do not have. Especially if you are in Portland and calling 911 does nothing.

I was only 8yrs old when I learned that bad things happen to good people... friends of the family got kidnapped out of their house at night by a stranger, put in a car trunk and driven from Pomona CA to Phoenix. They were lucky to survive. See replays of the TV show "Cops" to realize what Pomona/Chino etc is/was like. I was a skinny sickly nerd kid, not a fighter. But we had roving gangs of POC on my way to school that would stop kids and beat the crap out of them. Then the same thing later on my way to or from work in Compton, Wilmington, Bell Gardens, E L.A., etc; they would stop cars and beat the crap out of people and rob them. Remember the Watts riots?

Buddy of my brother got stabbed in the back in line at a taco stand in East L.A. for being white. Also, a guy wigged out on something attacked (PCP) a phone booth, and climbed on the top and howled at passing cars, while I was in line at Der Vienerschnitzel when I was 16.

Was it one incident?... nope, a bunch of them.

Agree with better to have it and not need it. Remember the Luby's diner massacre in Texas 1991? Lady lost her parents because she (purposely) left her gun in the car and then could not defend them when the chit came down. Along with 23 others that died. One minute they were safe, then they weren't!!! It still haunts her. So much that she later testified in front of Congress during some gun control BS. https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/twenty-three-diners-massacred-at-texas-restaurant

Last Edited:
I carry , because I can.

I view the carrying of your firearm like I do the owning of firearms.
in this case :
Carry what and as you wish...its your choice....Just don't make that choice for me or belittle me for my choice in this matter.
Andy
Imagining you strapped w/ a 200 year old pistol leaves me thinking you're less likely to wind up in a gunfight...maybe a duel now...

1621609367954.png

(I kid, I kid).

I've carried a pistol open or concealed since I turned 21 and was able to purchase one.

When I was 19 and started attending community college, I studied criminal justice. One of the first things my favorite professor told us was about the SCOTUS ruling that you are responsible for your own safety, the police have NO duty to protect any individual, only to maintain public peace and order. He laid it flat to us - YOU are responsible for ensuring your own safety and security, by whatever means you deem appropriate.

My grand dad who raised me was a former LEO and corrections officer - he carried everywhere, because he knew sh!tb!rds were everywhere and anywhere, he met murderers and rapists and general violent crazy people thru his career.

It was further reinforced when I was a teen / early 20s and volunteered with Multnomah County's SO as an explorer cadet, riding with patrol deputies and seeing how prevalent criminality was.

In my own daily doings, I've had a few instances where the presence of a firearm made for a positive outcome for me, or in which I was a breath away from having to pull the trigger. It is NOT a good feeling, but I'm glad I had a pistol with me in every one of those situations. Twice, I had my family with me, once was while working and I became the target of a crazed road rager who made himself at least appear to be armed, if not being actually armed.

We used to live in the same area, OP, on Mahama right off Rock Creek Blvd. My wife worked at Sportsmans across the street, and she frequented the Target and Marshals over there. Criminals are everywhere. Be safe.

Apparently, there was a legit armed robbery yesterday at Victoria's Secret at Tanasbourne. That's 2/2 of places my wife needed to go to yesterday. Being too busy with other things put off errands, so the excitement was missed. Still, this hits close to home...literally.
You know we're in the same area, my Mrs. frequents both those spots, she'll never be someone who carries, so I just try to remind her to be aware and if something ever happens, don't wait, just flee at the first chance and don't stop moving.

I think I'm going to go back up to Wolf Creek this week. I've been bogarting my ammo a bit too much, feels like a good time to get some practice in.

It has seeped into the burbs and will only get worse. And our stupid politicians think gun free zones and their magical signs will stop violent criminals, when it is only making it easy for them.

Always Be Carrying

It is better to have something you may never need, than need something you do not have. Especially if you are in Portland and calling 911 does nothing.

LOL…. "Magical signs".

32008A55-EC02-49AC-833B-F463058B762C.jpeg

You know we're in the same area, my Mrs. frequents both those spots, she'll never be someone who carries, so I just try to remind her to be aware and if something ever happens, don't wait, just flee at the first chance and don't stop moving.

I think I'm going to go back up to Wolf Creek this week. I've been bogarting my ammo a bit too much, feels like a good time to get some practice in.
I now have my action range cert for TCGC, if you ever want to get out there, let me know.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top