JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The big question is...how many people know what the Constitution says? Even if people remembered it's Constitution day...what would the day mean if they don't know what the Constitution means?

How about everyone here, can we honestly say, we know what the Constitution says? The Bill of Rights? The first 5? Do we know what they mean and/or can we recite them verbatim?

About a month ago, I embarrassingly would have to answer I barely knew 4 of them, and could only recite the 2A...but it was a wake up call and I have printed off multiple copies for my family and friends. We are all pushing to educate friends of friends at first, then we will see what happens after that. I hope it's a wake up call for other people on here too. :)

My ancestors fought in and before 1775 and I have made this a study. However, just as on that fateful day when a shot was heard round the world, only blood, steel and guts can revive the dead Republic. Even my heritage cannot make this happen, only actions

The tree of Liberty must be refreshed occasionally with the blood of patriots and tyrants

Thomas Jefferson

Funny, I informed my students that the American Revolution started in 1775 and they told me I made a mistake, it was July 4, 1776. I smiled. Then I informed them that it started over a year earlier on April 19, 1775 and why. One student asked, "HOW do you remember all that stuff?!" I replied, "I told you I was a History freak." 7th graders crack me up.

Funny, I informed my students that the American Revolution started in 1775 and they told me I made a mistake, it was July 4, 1776. I smiled. Then I informed them that it started over a year earlier on April 19, 1775 and why. One student asked, "HOW do you remember all that stuff?!" I replied, "I told you I was a History freak." 7th graders crack me up.

It's sad how little true history is taught in public schools. One of my ancestors with my fathers exact name fired his musket on Lexington Green, April 19th, 1775 and was shot down by the Redcoats. He later said as he died: "I gave them the guts of my gun" (fired on them)

The militia swarmed in great numbers that day, initially massing at Concord which was a rally point since cannon and shot were hidden there. This was the purpose of the Redcoats, cannon and gunpowder confiscation. It has been estimated that perhaps as many as 25,000 colonists rose up. Up to that point the militia and minutemen were in existence to defend against Indian raids, but they were jealous of their liberty as well

Another man that day with the same name (relation) led the 2nd charge at Concord that broke the Redcoat ranks and sent them running 60 miles back to Boston under fire

The battle of Bunker Hill came not much later. The militia were utterly victorious up to that point against the might of the greatest military empire on earth

I encourage anyone that has not been there to go back and visit the East coast and old colonial sites. I grew up 10 miles from Washington's crossing in NJ. There is so much history back there that you just do not get any sence or appreciation for unless you are there. I am blessed that our school field trips went to all these hallowed places and we learned the sacrifice and struggle for freedom that occured.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top