JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have a sig p239 .40 and I love the gun... but I recently got a G27 and I have found I carry the Glock more, cause its lighter. Now if I were to sell the sig id get a diff gun, a Springfield EMP .40 ( iv never shot one but love the look) Iv held one a few times at gun shows. Or perhaps a Kimber ultra Carry .40 What should i do! :confused:

So I have a sig p239 .40 and I love the gun... but I recently got a G27 and I have found I carry the Glock more, cause its lighter. Now if I were to sell the sig id get a diff gun, a Springfield EMP .40 ( iv never shot one but love the look) Iv held one a few times at gun shows. Or perhaps a Kimber ultra Carry .40 What should i do! :confused:

I have a few guns but each one serves a purpose whether it be hunting, concealed carry, home defense, range, fun with the family, etc. I had one gun that sat in my closet having no purpose. I got rid of it and got something I would actually use. If the Sig was to be a carry gun and the Glock has taken that spot, and if the Sig doesn't give you joy, get rid of it.

I have a few guns but each one serves a purpose whether it be hunting, concealed carry, home defense, range, fun with the family, etc. I had one gun that sat in my closet having no purpose. I got rid of it and got something I would actually use. If the Sig was to be a carry gun and the Glock has taken that spot, and if the Sig doesn't give you joy, get rid of it.

I have to agree here but really doesn't your screen name really say it all???

It's generally always a bad idea to sell a firearm, especially one that you like -- and you indicate here that you like the SIG. If you do choose to sell it, at some point, somewhere down the road, you will regret it and will start looking for another SIG to replace it. That SIG will undoubtedly cost more than what you paid for the original piece, but you won't be happy until and unless you get a like-minded SIG back in the fold.

So do that -- or, you can keep the SIG you have now and forget the whole thing and chalk it up to a fleeting bad thought.

Mine is very accurate. All this talk about capacity... hi-cap is fine if your skills are lacking and you plan on missing a lot. It is not very heavy and what heft there is helps absorb recoil.

Don't sell it, or if you do, sell it to me. :)

Too much ado about hi-cap when statistics show defensive encounters are nearly all just a few shots.

Not true. That's a commonly misstated statistic.
Kind of like %94.3 of all statistics are made up on the spot.

And I was paraphrasing a quote by the late great Elmer Keith.:s0155:

The same guy that claimed he dropped a deer at 600 yards with an iron sighted revolver? Huh
The only things he ever shot at had 4 legs or wings and wasnt firing back.
I might take hunting advice from him... but as far as personal protection goes, he had ample posture, no substance.

I still think the best part of having the sig is telling people you have a sig... the gun itself is mediocre at best.

It's has middle of the range reliability, accuracy, and functionality... for top tier prices.

Not true. That's a commonly misstated statistic.
Kind of like %94.3 of all statistics are made up on the spot.

The same guy that claimed he dropped a deer at 600 yards with an iron sighted revolver? Huh
The only things he ever shot at had 4 legs or wings and wasnt firing back.
I might take hunting advice from him... but as far as personal protection goes, he had ample posture, no substance.

I still think the best part of having the sig is telling people you have a sig... the gun itself is mediocre at best.

It's has middle of the range reliability, accuracy, and functionality... for top tier prices.
:s0114::s0114:

Yeah, that must be why Sig is the weapon of choice for so many SOF's.:s0155:

And I'll take EK's advice and knowledge over introwebz know-it-all's every day of the week... just the way I roll.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top