JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've almost purchased a Tisas 1911 a couple of times in the past and I finally did. This gun is all steel with a naked slide. The slide-to-frame fit is tight and smooth. The average of three trigger pull measurements is 3lbs 3ounces with almost no take-up. It weighs 34 ounces which feels like a brick when I'm used to an alloy frame. Midway has them for $519 with free shipping. I bought mine at the Albany gun show for more than that but the dealer delivered it to Tick Licker in Corvallis. The gun also has 70 series internals.

1684627022235.png

Last Edited:
Good write up (Bantam LW .45 ACP) in the latest issue of AR. No interior machining marks, 100% reliable, 2.5"-3" groups @ 25 yards. 28 ounces. But the Bantam is tricked out and goes for 1.1K

I've almost purchased a Tisas 1911 a couple of times in the past and I finally did. This gun is all steel with a naked slide. The slide-to-frame fit is tight and smooth. The average of three trigger pull measurements is 3lbs 3ounces with almost no take-up. It weighs 34 ounces which feels like a brick when I'm used to an alloy frame. Midway has them for $519 with free shipping. I bought mine at the Albany gun show for more than that but the dealer delivered it to Tick Licker in Corvallis. The gun also has 70 series internals.

View attachment 1424890
That's a great 1911. Tisas calls your all steel commander bobtail the "devil ray". I recently picked up the lightweight "stingray" version. Tisas makes wonderful 1911's. Much better tolerances than a Colt and very close to Dan Wesson in quality IMO. Great value.

That's a great 1911. Tisas calls your all steel commander bobtail the "devil ray". I recently picked up the lightweight "stingray" version. Tisas makes wonderful 1911's. Much better tolerances than a Colt and very close to Dan Wesson in quality IMO. Great value.
I agree and rarely give inexpensive guns a second glance. I have a Colt that's worth $1500 and it feels like junk compared to this Tisas, but I haven't taken it to the range yet.

Tisas makes wonderful 1911's. Much better tolerances than a Colt and very close to Dan Wesson in quality IMO. Great value.
^^^Yes, and they are also forged, not cast like RIA. We've had a couple of Tisas come through here and the fit/finish is good quality.

I agree and rarely give inexpensive guns a second glance. I have a Colt that's worth $1500 and it feels like junk compared to this Tisas, but I haven't taken it to the range yet.
The finish is nicer on the Colts, if you care about finishes (I don't). But most people if they were blindfolded couldn't tell the difference. And if you are looking for a shooter and not a BBQ gun fit and function is everything.

^^^Yes, and they are also forged, not cast like RIA. We've had a couple of Tisas come through here and the fit/finish is good quality.

The finish is nicer on the Colts, if you care about finishes (I don't). But most people if they were blindfolded couldn't tell the difference. And if you are looking for a shooter and not a BBQ gun then fit and finish is everything. The fit and finish of the Tisas is just as smooth as anything in the $6-$1000 range. But I guess someone has to pay for the bonuses of the fat cats at Colt.
The safety is the only thing that I see as a potential problem. This and removing the existing Ambi was a bugger. 1685111528529.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top